Part 1 Chapter 8 That night

Joe

Emma and I have now known one and other for nine months and have been dating for five months. It feels like a life time. None of my subscribers know... I don't think? Emma still hasn't made an appearance on camera yet because we weren't too sure if we were still going to be going out this late into the year; but we are! Which is great because I really do like her.

We still live separate and I still live with Caspar but Caspar too has got a girlfriend, Sophia, and is very close with her. At the moment he's staying round over night at her house. Which gives me the chance to have Emma to myself. I decide to call her.

J- "Hey Gorgeous!"

E- "Hey, I just got home."

J- "How was work?"

E- "It was fine I guess..."

J- "Is there something wrong?"

E- "Well, in December I've been asked to go to Iceland and get pictures of the Northern Lights."

J- " And? What's bad about that?"

E- "I'm going at the end of December. So I'm going to miss Christmas and New Years. And I promised that I'd spend it with you and your family."

J- "That's fine. It's not until December. Caspar isn't here so come and stay. Please."

E- "Yeah, okay, I'll be there in a bit."

Emma

After telling Joe about December he went really quiet. I hope he's okay. I'm sure he'll be fine...

Joe

Emma's coming tonight. So I put the phone down and took a shower and before I know it Emma rings the door.

I answer. It's dark outside. She's wearing the jumper I let her borrow  which Caspar was right I'm not going to get  back.

"Hey!" We say at the same time. As we both pull each other into a hug. She tries to move away but I squeeze her tighter and drop a kiss on her temple. We then shuffle our way into the living room and mould ourselves into the sofa.

Emma is laying across me looking up. "Joe?"

"Yes"

"Please tell me you haven't forgotten."

"Well if you tell me then I can let you know if I forgot or not."

"Oh well it's only a small thing." She says with sarcasm in her voice. "It's my birthday."

Emma

Joe forgot my birthday. But I don't really care because I'm not that big on birthdays either.

After I said it's my birthday Joe had the blankest look on his face. I started to laugh and just slapped him on the face lightly.

"I haven't forgotten! I don't know why you're laughing!" He says prodding me on the cheek.

"Don't lie you d.ck!" I say prodding him back.

"Yeah sorry I did forget."

"That's fine I wasn't expecting anything." I said sitting up.

Time passed as we played Fifa and watched Netflix. We gave one and other the look and made our way upstairs. Closing the bedroom door behind us.