Part 1 Chapter 10 He's also my Best friend

Someone's running up the stairs, from what I can hear. They open the door with force, jump across the bed and cradle me like a baby. I didn't need to question if it was Caspar because I knew it would be Joe.

I did say I was strong, I did say I wouldn't let the weaker voices in. But as soon as Joe folded me into his embrace I felt that I had the permission to cry, so I nestled my head into Joe's chest and let the tears run from my eyes.

"Remember I said life can throw anything at you." He said as he rested his chin upon my head. I remained silent but still listened to him. "This is one of those things. I know it's hard now but later on you'll be OK." I bought my head up and untangled myself from Joe's arms.

"Lets hope you're right." I said as I stood up and left the room.

I know  what you're all thinking, I've stood up to go find Caspar. No. If he's going to leave me I'm going to leave him. For a little while. I'm good at running away from my problems. I slammed the front door and ran down to my best friend Jack's house, who just like Joe and Caspar live relatively close to me.

I was in luck. He opened the door to see me in an awful state; red cheeks, puffy eyes, running nose, a complete and utter mess. Being the best friend he is he bought me to his living room and threw a blanket at me and went to go make coffee. He came back with steaming hot drinks and sat himself down next to me and the drinks on the coffee table.

"Is it Joe?" Jack guessed as I was still blowing my nose.

I shook my head and left the room silent before saying, "Everyone leaves me."

"Not everyone. I haven't left you." Jack said as he turned down the volume of the T.V.

"Mum, Lily, James, Mark, Tom... Caspar..."

"Caspar?"

"He's moving to America with his new girlfriend." I said taking my first sip of a very strong coffee.

Jack and I spoke for hours. It was well past lunchtime when I decided to head home. Conor and Josh had woken up left for work and come home through the entirety I was there. So I thanked Jack for being the bestest friend anyone could ever have and made my way to my house.

When I got home and actually decided to check my phone I had two missed calls from Caspar, seven calls from Joe and four texts all of which were asking where the hell I was. I ignored all of them and just shut my phone off. I hadn't eaten anything all day and still didn't feel like eating so I just took a shower and watched T.V for the rest of the evening.

I'm still running away from my problems. I haven't spoken to Caspar or Joe since this morning and don't plan to.