Chapter 4 - "U-Turned."

When Tyler took the stand, a cotton ball landing on the carpet would've been equivalent to the noise of an earthquake. Everyone was silent. Me, Carlos, Stacey, Q, and Asha leaned forward and sat at the edge of our seats, waiting for her to speak. There was a brief pause in the court, then it was time for her to speak. When she looked at Isaiah again, she decided that it was time to back out.

"Detecti-"

"Tyler, what happened on the day that you were abducted into the basement of my other witnesses home?" Detective Fosters asked.

It was too late. She didn't speak quick fast enough. She glanced back at her family, then took a deep breath. Tyler thought all the way back to the day when Isaiah gave her some liquor.

"Wala." Isaiah nodded as he handed Tyler her drink. "Try it, bae."

Tyler took a sip, then clicked her tongue. She grinned and nodded her head, taking another sip of her drink.

"This is good!" Tyler smiled. "What'd you put in it?"

"Kool-aid and a lil' bit of liquor." Isaiah winked as he cradled Kayson. "Yeen' know that ya' boy could hook up a drink, did you?"

"I didn't. This is great." Tyler nodded. "It's not bad."

Isaiah cradled Kayson and started feeding him the tainted milk. Not able to taste much of a difference in the milk, he continued to drink it as if it was normal. After Isaiah finished feeding him, he placed him on his shoulder and prepared to burp him. But before he could start, Kayson fell asleep within two seconds on his shoulder. Isaiah glanced at him, watching him snore heavily in his grip.

That was the drugs. It'd worked on one of the intended targets.

"Holy shit!" Isaiah gasped. "He fell asleep within two seconds!"

"Wow!" Tyler giggled, taking another sip of her drink. "Was he really that tired?"

"I don't know." Isaiah laughed as he placed him down and laid him on his back.

Isaiah laid back and took a sip of his drink. He smiled as him and Tyler laid side by side, watching TV. Isaiah cut off the lights, then cut the TV down a little. Only the light from there was glaring onto them.

"Ty, can I tell you some shit?" Isaiah asked in a dazed tone.

"Isaiah, you know you can tell me whatever." Tyler scoffed. "I mean, I already know that you're a killer. That's as deep as you can get."

As they sat inches away from each other, Isaiah glanced down at his twiddling fingers.

"I killed a family member...." Isaiah mumbled.

Tyler's eyes widened as she looked up at him. Both of them were lying in a fetal position.

"You didn't kill Noah, did you?"

"What? No, nah...." Isaiah said, shaking his head. "I killed another relative."

"Oh my gosh. Not your mother!" Tyler continued. "Did you kill yo-"

"I killed my cousin, Tyler." Isaiah sighed. "And I'm not talking about Josh."

When Isaiah first told Tyler this, she was terrified. She was fearful. She was scared. But this time, she didn't appear moved. This made Isaiah comfortable because that mean that she was used to his ways.

"Why'd you do it?" Tyler asked in a low tone.

"For my mama. She was the only relative that was dyin' in my family." Isaiah sighed. "I'm hopin' that they donate her heart to her....."