Chapter 37 - Last Say.

The next day, Noah came to the hospital early to check on his mother. When he tried to come in, he realized that the door was locked. This meant that she was being operated on.

"Hey. Frank." Noah panted at he went into the men's bathroom. "Have you gotten word on my mother?"

Frank was a doctor who worked at the hospital. He cut off the sink and flickered his hands, snatching a few paper towels out.

"She isn't doing well, Noah." Frank sighed. "After surgery, her heart rate had decreased. She's becoming a little less stable, so we might have to wait to get those bullets out of her chest and upper neck a little later."

"Shit..." Noah panted, turning around, tearing up and placing his hand on his forehead.

"But we can't let them bullets sit in there too long. It ain't good." Frank sighed. "We gone have to risk it within a few days."

Noah placed his hands on the sink, leaning down and panting heavily. The thought of him losing Aunt Shay ate him alive. If he lost his mother, he wouldn't know what to do. As Noah stepped out in the hallway of the home, Tracy walked up to him.

"Hey Noah, did someone schedule an appointment with you?" Tracy asked.

Noah closed his eyes and scrunched his eyebrows, trying to remember.

"I don't know..." Noah groaned. "Why?"

"Well, you have someone here." Tracey said, pointing down the hall.

Down the hall was a white woman in her mid 40's. She had dirty and short blonde curly hair and was a little scrawny. Noah sighed and started walking to the room alongside Noah.

"Man I ain't in the mood to hear about nothing else that got something to do with death." Noah sighed as Tracy went through the papers on her clipboard.

"Well, why the hell did you choose to be a doctor?" Tracy chuckled, keeping her eyes on her papers.

"I'm referring to what happened to my mother, asshole." Noah growled.

As him and Tracy stopped in front of the door, she looked up at him then sighed.

"I apologize." Tracy sighed.

Noah sighed and tightened the cap on his head, walking inside of the room. As Tracy followed him inside, they both seen the woman sitting on the bed. Tracy only came in to get a few instruments that she needed to perform an operation. While she scrambled around the room for these items, Noah clicked his pen open and sat in front of his patient, crossing his legs and beginning to take notes.

"So what seems to be the problem now, Kerry?" Noah asked in an exhausted and uninterested tone.

"Well, my headaches have gotten worse since the last time I stopped here." Kerry sighed. "Just two days ago, I had to take off of work because it'd gotten so bad to the point where I was vomiting on the job."

Noah placed his clipboard down and placed his thumbs on her forehead, squeezing it a little.

"Does that hurt?" Noah asked.

"A-A little....." Kerry strained as she squinted her eyes shut.

"Alright." Noah sighed again. "What we gone do is give you an ultrasound and X-ray on your brain and see what's going on up there."

"Okay."

Noah gave her gown and allowed her to get dressed in the bathroom. Overall, the process of him doing the ultrasound and getting the X-Ray's took a process of 15 minutes. As Kerry waited in the room, Tracey organized her tray of items. A minute later, Noah walked in with the X-Ray's. He shut the light off and placed it onto the overhead, pointing at the faded areas in her brain area.