Chapter 19 - "Nah..."

Noah couldn't take his eyes off her. As he glanced at her from afar, Aunt Shay placed the napkins down and looked up at him.

"Alright Noah you can set it down."

As Noah glanced over at her, Aunt Shay waved her hand in his face. Still, it wasn't enough to break his stare.

"NOAH!"

"Huh?" Noah jumped as he looked at her.

"You can set the greens down!"

Noah shook out of his state and set the greens down by the fire. As he made his way over to her, Aunt Shay called him back.

"I'm not done with you, Noah." Aunt Shay said, shaking her head. "you still gotta-"

"I'll be right back ma, I promise!"

Since Noah was too busy focusing on Asha, I decided to stay over with Kathy, Aunt Shay, and 5 of my other handful of relatives to set up the food. As Asha placed Lily in her lap, Kayson ran over to Isaiah and hid under his leg.

"Damn." Q smiled as he pinched Lily's cheeks. "Lily done got so big!"

"Yes." Asha nodded as everyone looked at her. "She just turned two."

Noah walked over in the crowd, placing his hands in his pocket.

"Hey Asha!" Noah smiled.

Asha's mouth dropped as she stood up and looked at Noah. She didn't see him since he didn't attend the reunion before, so it shocked her a little.

"Hey Noah! I haven't seen you since we were kids!" Asha squealed as she gave him a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm fine!" Noah nodded. "Uh, I see you're doing better!"

"I work as a photographer." Asha nodded as she looked down at Lily. "Have you met Lily?"

"No I haven't." Noah smiled as he crouched down and looked at her. "Hi Lily!"

Lily stepped back a little, then looked up at her mother.

"Isthaeh?" Lily said, pointing to him and saying 'Isaiah'.

"No no no. That's Isaiah's bother, Lily!" Asha smiled. "They look a lot alike, don't they?"

Asha smiled and looked up at Noah.

"Nice to see ya."

"Aye Ash!" Carlos chanted. "Where Tone?"

Antonio was Asha's boyfriend. She met him a year and a half ago. She was Asha's stepfather.

"He's at work." Asha groaned. "He couldn't take off today."

Yep. It was confirmed that Asha had a boyfriend. As Noah walked back to the picnic, I walked over to Asha and smiled.

"What up, girl?" I smiled. "Remember me?"

Asha squinted her eyes on me, then jumped up.

"JOSH!" Asha squealed as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "Oh my gosh! Where you been?"

"Chillin!" I smiled, looking at everyone. "So are we gonna all hang or what?"

"Chhhhyeeeahhhh." Carlos grinned as he stood up and rubbed his hands together. "Y'all already know that I got niggas in Schaefer that's down to party tonight!"

"At the same house?" I asked.

"Yup."

"Alright." I smiled. "Me and my girl will be there!"