Chapter 45 - Lonely.

The next day, Noah went to the doctor for his appointment. He was dying to know, but dreadful to find out his prognoses. This time, he found himself sitting on the other side of the field. Instead of doing the calling, he was waiting to be called on. Instead of doing the inspections, he was about to be inspected.

And instead of being the doctor, he was finally the patient.

"Noah Steels?" Tracy called out as she stepped into the waiting room.

Noah didn't say anything. He got right up and started clicking his fingers together, walking next to her as they made their way to the room.

"How ya feelin'?" Tracy asked.

"I'm feeling a whole bunch of things.."

"Don't be nervous, Noah." Tracy sighed as they stepped into the room. "We're gonna run a few tests by you and see how far the cancer has spread, alright?"

"Yeah." Noah sighed as Tracy handed him a gown. "Let's just get this over with."

Tracy put on some rubber gloves and leaned under his gown, feeling around his upper thigh. Noah sat there awkwardly as she placed her index and middle finger in certain spots, feeling to see if there were any lumps. When she felt around his groin area, Noah jumped and sucked his teeth in in pain.

"Shit...." Noah whispered.

"Does that hurt?"

"I just........I just got a sharp little pain.." Noah sighed.

Tracy moved her fingers around his member. While circling it, she could feel that there was a lump in the top part.

"You have a lump in your member, Noah." Tracy said. "Did you know that?"

Noah did know because he seen it when he took showers. As he bowed his head, Tracy shook hers and started writing on her clipboard.

"Noah, when you see symptoms like these, you've GOT to tell someone." Tracy sighed.

"I'm not telling my family. None of them." Noah said, shaking his head. "They'll freak out."

"Well you can tell me. I'm your friend AND I'm a doctor." Tracy said. "I can help you fight this disease off."

As Tracy wrote some more on her clipboard, Noah glanced up at her and gave her a worried look.

"What does that mean?" Noah asked.

"What does what mean?"

"The lump in my penis.." Noah asked. "Does that mean that it's getting worse?"

"It means that it's starting to spread, Noah." Tracy answered. "This means that you have to hurry and decide what you're going to do before it's too late."

As Noah locked up again, Tracy opened the door and waved her hand at it.

"Come on." Tracy said. "Let's do some more X-rays."

After Noah spent 5 minutes doing his X-rays, he spent another 10 minutes sitting inside of his room, waiting for answers. Something he usually didn't absorb when he was a doctor, was the posters about how to fight diseases on the walls. For each one, he looked at them and decided to read them all word for word. A week ago, these posters meant nothing but decorations in the room. Now, they meant more.

Suddenly, Noah felt himself start to go dizzy again. He stood up onto his feet and waved his hands out in front of him, watching his vision blur up. He stumbled from side to side, rushing over to the sink and running the water. He splashed and rubbed water all over his face until his vision cleared up. Afterwards, he looked in the mirror to check and see what was going on.