Chapter 48 - Deadly Secrets.

Tracy took off Noah's neck brace and headed into the bathroom with him. All over his neck were bruises, but it wasn't bad to the point where it was broken. As Noah took one final glance in the mirror at his hair, Tracy grinned and handed him the clippers. Noah took it, plugging it in and watching it vibrate.

"I'll give you some time." Tracy said as she took off the white bandages. "Afterwards, we can discuss your chemo."

As Tracy left, Noah took a look at his forehead. There was a large bruise there as well. But he didn't care about that. All he was worried about was the tough job of getting rid of his hair. As he inched it onto the side of his head, Noah started to tear up again. As his eyes bubbled and reddened a little with tears, Noah ran it across the side of his head. He shut his eyes and covered up his mouth, wailing silently to himself and letting out 2 or 3 quick weeps to himself. As tears showered out of his eyes, he looked up in the mirror with his bubbled and tearful eyes, placing his shaky fingers on the side of his head.

The hair on the right side of his head was gone.

Strands of hair trickled down onto Noah's shoulder as he picked the razor back up, preparing to finish it off. Once again, Noah froze and placed it onto the next part of his head, slowly shaving it from the front all the way to the back of his head. Afterwards, he started from the middle and worked his way to the back. Next, he placed it onto the close left part, then shaved. Finally, he got to the end of his head and shaved the last part off. The whole time, he kept his eyes closed. He didn't want to look at it. He didn't want to see it. He didn't want to embrace it.

When he opened his eyes, he didn't recognize himself.

All he could see himself as was a bald and ugly version of himself. The top of his head was a shade lighter since his hair blocked all of the sunlight from tanning there. Noah gazed in the mirror in shock, confusion, disappointment, and utter disgust. Patches of his hair lay scattered across the floor as Tracy walked inside, gazing at Noah. She cracked a small smile, placing her hands onto his shoulders.

"It'll be back one this chemo is done." Tracy smiled. "I promise."

At this point, Noah didn't care if he survived or not. So much shit happened to him within the last two weeks that he didn't talk to anyone. Not me, not Asha, not Isaiah, not even Aunt Shay.

Noah hated his life with a passion.

After being perscripted with the medicine that was supposed to help him and being taken care of, he left the hospital by night and immediately stopped at a local beauty supply to get a toupee wig. Even when he got home and looked at it, it wasn't his hair. It wasn't silky like his. It wasn't as nice as his. It wasn't as smooth as his. Instead, he looked at it like a sticky and nasty wig rather than the hair he once possessed.

And when he got home, he didn't even say hi to Lily or Asha. He went straight up to his room, sitting and keeping on his wig that he strongly disliked. Soon after, Asha peeked inside.

"Hi." Asha said.

Noah didn't say anything. He was pissed.

"Why haven't I heard from you in like a few days?" Asha asked.

Noah kept on staring off into space with his mouth creaked open.

"I don't know.." Noah whispered.

"Well, I made dinner downstairs." Asha said. "I made fried chicken with broccoli and cheese."

So that Asha would leave him alone, he decided to attend dinner.