THREE

"Sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together

"Sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together."- unknown. 

//

1979

"Why do you hate love, Dal?" My ten-year-old-self questioned.

Dally rolled his eyes. "Because, Skye, love sucks."

"How do you know that?" I asked, putting my knees up to my chest and looking at him. 

"Because eventually, it ends. Everything ends. Love especially. I've had my fair share." He crossed his legs and sighed. 

"What about Mom and Dad? Will they end?" 

"They'll end eventually. Everything does." 

//

I WOKE UP to a tongue repeatedly touching my face. I sit up and scrunch my face together while looking down at the culprit. "Bent, do you always have to wake me up like that?" I chuckled and he jumped in my arms.

I petted him and stood up, stretching my arms and legs. I glanced around and started giggling. We all fell asleep on the floor. Steve and Sarah were sleeping side by side, and Gracie and Ashton were sleeping beside them. Soda was on the other side of me, and Bent jumped on him, licking his face also. 

He closed his eyes real tight and started groaning which caused me to laugh even more. Once he heard my laugh, he sat up and gave me a glare. I shrugged my shoulders. "He did the same thing to me." 

I looked at the clock and cursed. "I'm late to work!" 

I ran out the door and into my car, literally speeding to my house. I ran upstairs and got ready. As soon as I ran downstairs to get back in my car, Soda was standing there. "What are you doing here?" I hissed and pushed through him, running outside. 

"I was wondering if after work, you wanted to come with me to go buy the kids presents." He spoke, leaning into my car window. 

"It depends if I make it out alive." I sighed, "Kelly is going to literally beat me." 

He started chuckling. "Good luck, Blue." 

"Yeah, thanks." I replied sarcastically and pulled out of the driveway. As soon as I pulled up to my work, Kelly, my boss, came storming up to me. 

[this is Kelly! lmao xoxo gossip girl]