NINE

MY ALARM SOUNDED and I hopped out of bed like a little kid

MY ALARM SOUNDED and I hopped out of bed like a little kid. My feet found themselves in front of the guest bedroom and I slung open the door, jumping on top of Soda. "Get up, it's Christmas!!"

He groaned and sat up, looking at me while chuckling. "You act like the kids."

I shrugged, "I am a kid."

Soda went into Gracie's bedroom and I went into Ashton's. I crept up beside his monster truck bed and started tickling him. "M-mommy stop!" He started giggling and Soda soon joined us, along with Gracie. Ashton sat up and I glanced at him and Gracie with a huge grin across my face. "Let's go see what Santa brought you all!" 

They screamed and glided downstairs, grabbing presents from under the tree. I grabbed the video recorder out and started taping the kids opening their presents. Soda put his hand on my shoulder and watched the kids open the presents. When Gracie got done opening hers, she squealed. "Thank you so much, Mommy and Daddy! I've always wanted a writing book!" 

I grinned and looked towards Soda. "You can thank your dad for that one." 

Ashton opened his gift and when he saw the toolbox, his eyes were so huge I thought they were going to pop out of his head. "You got me a box of tools, so now I can work with Daddy!" 

I grinned and he ran into my chest, giving me a huge hug while squeezing the life out of me. Gracie furrowed her eyebrows and ran under the tree to grab something. "Mommy, I think this one is for you." 

I pointed towards myself and scrunched my face up in confusion. "Me?" 

She put it in my lap and once I recognized the handwriting, I started blushing and looked towards a grinning Soda. "Soda, you didn't have to get me anything. I didn't even get a present for you." 

He shrugged. "I'll be fine. Go ahead, open it!"

I giggled at his anticipation and ripped the wrapping paper off the box. I slowly opened the top of the box and gasped when I saw what it was. Soda gave me a gold locket. When I opened the golden heart, there was a picture of Soda, Gracie, Ashton, and me. He helped me put it around my neck and I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you so much, Pepsi." 

He hugged me back. "No problem, Blue, but I think you missed something." I turned back and pulled out a letter. I raised my eyebrows at Soda and glanced back at the letter, reading it. 

Blue,

These past two weeks with you have no doubt been the best. If Liam wouldn't have told me that you were in the bar that day, then I probably would have drunk myself to death. Sandy, yes, Sandy, WAS my first love, and I know I was your first love, but I lied to you. 

Sandy wasn't my first love. 

It was you. 

I just didn't want to tell you. You can ask Steve, Ponyboy, Darry, any of the guys and they'll tell you I've had the biggest crush on you since kindergarten. I just didn't tell you because I didn't want to ruin our good friendship. Of course, we were married and had kids, but that got ruined by me. And I wrote this to just apologize to you again, Blue. I know I put you through some terrible things, and I don't even want to know everything I put you through because I don't think I could take it. Please, just please, forgive me. These past two weeks I've spent with you and the kids have opened my eyes to a whole new world. I miss you all. I need you all. 

Most importantly though, I still love you, Blue. 

I love you, Skylar Grace Winston. 

And I'll be okay if you don't love me anymore. I'd understand. 

But, if by chance, you still do have feelings for me, I'd love to try again. I want the kids who were in love back again. I want the ones who wouldn't drink themselves to death. 

I don't want a drunk love. 

So, please, if you're willing to try this again, you'd make me the happiest man alive. 

Love, 

Sodapop Curtis

I didn't realize it until I got to the end of the letter, but my tears were making little drops on the paper. I smiled through my tears and through a shaky breath I spoke, "I'm willing to do this again, Soda."

His famous grin came back and he couldn't stop grinning. He really did look like the happiest man on earth. "Oh my gosh, this is the best Christmas ever!" He shouted and twirled both of the twins around, making them scream in laughter. 

"On one condition though." I announced and he stopped twirling and let the kids down. 

"You can't hurt me like you did. You can't do that ever again. I don't think I could take it."

He nodded and smiled at me warmly. "Trust me, I never want to let you go again. I'm so happy. I've never been this happy in a long time." 

I laid my head on his shoulder. "Me either." 

The kids crawled over to us and sat in our laps. We stayed there and just enjoyed the time we were spending together. "Mommy? Daddy?" Ashton questioned. 

"Hmm?" Soda and I said at the same time. 

"This was the best Christmas ever." 

I smiled. "I'm glad." 

There was a knock on the door and I got up to answer it. When I opened it, my smile faded. I clenched my fists in anger and shouted. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

She gave me a devilish grin. "Just wanted to tell Soda I'm back in town." 

Soda came over to the door and once he saw Sandy, his smile faded. "Sandy, I thought you were in Florida?"

She nodded. "I was, but then I realized how much I missed you, Soda." 

He rolled his eyes, "Listen to my girlfriend. Get the hell out and go back to Florida. Nobody in the town of Tulsa wants you back." 

Sandy huffed and I slammed the door in her face. I turned towards Soda and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm proud of you." 

He pouted. "I don't get a kiss on the lips?" 

I shook my head. "Not until you've proved to me that you really love me." 

He smirked, "Just wait. I'll prove it to you."