Chapter 8: Watches and Pies

Tony:

Today is a new day, I thought, as I jumped out of my bed on the ceiling. No birthdays, no puppets, hopefully just me and Paige. I smiled, thinking about the insane creativity ball that I shared a house with. It was hard to believe that we were actually living together. I went from stalking her, to actually hanging out with her. Nice.

I shoved my feet into my butterfly slippers that lay beside my bed. These particular butterflies had bulging eyes, a yellow nose and wings, and a black base. Although they were kind of creepy, I liked them.

I gathered my thoughts and shuffled to the bathroom of the house, gazing at the clock in the mirror. "Hello, gorgeous," I said aloud, and winked at my reflection. "Looking good today."

"I know I am, thank you for noticing," replied a familiar voice from the doorway. My face felt hot with embarrassment.

"Oh, hey Paige. I didn't know you were awake yet. I was just.. Er.. You see.." Of course I was tongue tied now. Of course I couldn't talk. How could I, when the girl in front of me looked the way she did? The rainbow mane was even more tangled and out of place than normal, and the lack of makeup on her pale face made her look more, natural. I liked it. But I couldn't tell her that. What would happen if I did? Paige would never talk to me. She would reject me, and kick me out. I wouldn't ever get to talk to her agai-

"Tony, you okay? You look a little blue." She then giggled. Haha, Paige. Hilarious... "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But seriously, you don't look good. What's wrong?

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head. She couldn't know. Not yet.

Paige shrugged. "Alright, you can tell me another time. Buh dum tss!"

I slapped my face on my palms and smiled. "Paige, stahp. You're so weird."

She still hadn't said anything about holding hands last night, and probably had no intentions of doing so. I was debating whether or not to make another move on Paige, but was suddenly interrupted by a pie to the face. "Why, you little-" I smiled, wiping the cream off of my face. Banana pie? Interesting.. Before she could get another pie on me, I grabbed her wrist and flung it toward her own face, getting the second pie everywhere- her hair, her face, her clothes, and most importantly, my new watch. "Oh, Paige, look what you did! I just got that watch." I flung it across the room and shrugged my shoulders. "You owe me."

Paige:

"I owe you, huh?" I said grinning. "The only thing you're getting from me is a face full of pie!" We were wrestling back and forth around my colorful house with several pies (which frankly came out of nowhere) strewn all over the walls. The place had never been full of so much laughter. It was the most fun I'd had in several years.

At one point, Tony fell on the ground. I put my foot on his chest and started laughing, screaming "I am victorious! You lose! Ha! In your face! Quite literally, too." I started giggling. Puns for days. I thought it was kind of a stupid pun, but Tony laughed too, so I guess it was okay.

"Paige," Tony said, looking up at me from on the floor with a stern look on his navy face. "I need to tell you something. But it's a secret, so you have to come closer." He reached his hand out to mine. I grabbed it, and felt a tug. The next thing I knew, I had fallen on top of him, and he was hugging me. What just happened? And why is my face so warm? Oh no, am I still on top of him?? I propped myself up on my hands, trying to get up. We were so close, close enough that our faces were just a few inches apart. Tony smirked, and then kissed me. Without thinking, I closed my eyes, and returned his kiss.

Tony:

She pulled away too soon. "What did you want to tell me, Tony?" Paige asked innocently. Oh. Right, that.

"I was going to tell you.. That you had a little something on your face. Yeah. I got it off though, don't worry." Her face was bright red, and I started to crack up. "What, you want me to put it back?" I stuck my tongue out, which had chewed up bits of pie all over it.

"Ew, get away from me!" she screamed, and pushed herself off of me, making her way to the door. I quickly stood up and hugged her from behind.

"You're not getting away from me that easily. Try again later," I said, licking her cheek (getting pie all over it in the process.) Paige groaned, and stopped resisting.

"Whatever you say, Tony.." I smiled and closed my eyes. Success.

End of Chapter 8.