Chapter 10: Handcuffs and Chainsaws

Tony:

She said she loves me. I can't believe it, she really loves me?

"I think we need to celebrate this unique event," I said, as I grabbed Paige by the hand and dragged her out of the apartment, not bothering to close the door behind us.

"Tony, wha- where are we going??" Paige was already huffing and puffing behind me, despite the fact we were only a block away from the apartment.

"That, my friend, is a surprise. Although I will slow down a bit so you can catch your breath. You should really work on your cardio though." Truth be told, my throat was still a little dry from my 'heart attack' awhile ago. I really needed to stop pushing myself, but a man can't help getting excited about the fact that his crush loves him. You can't blame me. "Paige, I'm going to have to ask you to close your eyes, and wait right here." She obeyed, and I walked into the nearby joke shop. "One pair of handcuffs, please!" I requested. The woman at the counter looked at Paige just outside the shop and winked at me, as she handed me the cuffs. That was weird, I thought, walking out of the shop. "Alright, Paige. Do you want your surprise now or later?"

"You know I love surprises, Tony, but I'm honestly a bit worried about this one. I'll pick now."

"Give me your wrist, love." She obeyed. Without a moment of hesitation, I cuffed her left wrist to my right. Ooooh, this is going to be fun.

Paige:

I opened my eyes to see Tony with a giant stupid grin on his face. Honestly, it was kind of cute. "Tony, what are you doing?"

"You see, I thought since you finally decided to confess your love for your humble roommate, I wanted to take you out on an adventure. I also thought it would be boring to go like how a normal couple would, so I got creative and purchased this fine, non-green pair of handcuffs. And I threw away the key, so you're going to have to use that creative brain of yours to get them off."

"Impressive," I said, as we started walking down the street. "So, where's our first stop on our tour of this boring city?" Tony proceeded to explain that his roadmap consisted of the nearby lunch cafe, the aquarium, and then ending it with a trip to the park. "I like it," I said with a smile.

Tony:

"First stop, lunch. I'm as hungry as a horse." We ended up walking to this cute cafe called Hungry as a Horse! Paige thought the name was hilarious, but I didn't really get why. She ended up getting a raw fish head with whipped cream on top, and I just decided to order some more European toast. Who knew a little cafe would have fish heads? Our waiter finally came out with our orders. He looks familiar-

"Frank, is that you?!" Paige yelled excitedly. She stood up from her chair and tackled him to the ground (tugging on my end of the handcuffs and bringing me down with her). "Oops, sorry!" Her smile was so cute. They had a small conversation about how the puppets have been doing lately, and then I just decided that lunch wasn't necessary, so we just paid for the spoiled food and left. "Sorry about ruining your lunch plans, Tony." She looked genuinely upset.

"Aw, Paige, don't worry about it," I returned with a smile and a kiss on her cheek. "How about we go off to the aquarium now, okay? Or do you just want to do that another time?"

"I think I just want to go to the park, if that's alright." Why was she so bothered about lunch?

"Of course, Paige."

Paige:

I can't believe I ruined lunch. He tried so hard to make my day perfect, and I just ruined it because of my nerves. I can be so frustrating sometimes.

Don't worry Paige, everyone has bad days. Yours just happens to be incredibly poorly timed.

I don't know. Maybe you're right. I can still turn this around. But how?

I suggest you fight him!

I like it.

We finally got to the park, and I lead Tony over to the swing set. "Tony, can I tell you something?" He looked incredibly worried when I said that. "It's nothing bad, I promise. I just wanted you to know that I- I really do like you. But maybe slow things down a bit? Like, I liked how we were as friends. And I do really like you when you're trying to be romantic, but you're more serious now. You know what I mean?"

"I actually felt that way too, but I thought you like me like this? I don't know. But hey, I'll do a better job of being your creative weirdo boyfriend, alright?"

"Sounds like a plan. Oh by the way," I started, tugging on his handcuffed wrist, "I wanna fight you."

"Do you now?" He smirked, and tugged back. "I'm okay with that."

We got up from the swing set and I threw a fist at him. He grabbed it and threw me onto the grass, kicking me in the gut. We spent hours exchanging blows at the park, but eventually the sun started to go down.

Tony:

We headed back to the apartment, and were just about ready to enter our room when Paige cleared her throat and pulled a miniature chainsaw out of her hair, and sawed the handcuffs off. "Color me impressed," I whistled. She laughed at me, and tucked her loose strand of curly pink hair behind her ear.

"As long as impressed isn't green."

End of Chapter 10.