Chapter 8

Well hello there readers. Its been a quite a while. But finally me and myszkin manage to pump out this chapter. This chapter written by her and edited by me. And a word from her,  To było cholernie ciężkie! Which roughly equates to: It was goddamn hard! I agree. Editing this handful took me a good whole day to make sure everything was as we wanted. 

Warning: Recollection of not so nice things happen in the latter part of the chapter occurs. Again this is a warning but we felt it was important telling Mami's story true to the traditional Slavic folklore of Rusalka hence what we've written in this chapter. If you want to know more about Rusalka in Slavic terms, please google it, Wikipedia will give you a general idea. Maybe do that first then come back to read this chapter. Thank you.

Tomomi Speaks.

Just as we thought before shopping, it started to rain. Heavy drops fell around us and while I tried to jump over the puddles, Mami walked right through them like a tank, with my red shoes that I have lent her because she doesn't care if she get them all drenched or not while marching furiously to the beat of drumming droplets. Funny how she doesn't take a notice of my connies but is incredibly careful with her new jacket which was the main reason why she decided to use an umbrella. Sure, be all careful with your Yakuza bomber jacket and don't give half jack about my beautiful, recently washed shoes. Be ungrateful, the inconsiderate asshole that you are. How does such a jerk have enough charm to enslave people? Like, really, what is so special about Mami? It must be seduction magic the potent type whatever that is. Maybe she makes them blind and deaf and... Ugh! The worst part is that I would like to know what that Peter guy talked about and that is probably the real reason behind me being so irritated. That plus the rain reminding me about autumn being just around the corner; lurking, waiting, changing leaves into something dry and dead. Just like Mami probably does with her victims. Am I her victim? Oh god.. No... But she also said she wouldn't hurt me but maybe she took the liberty of putting me under a spell without me noticing. To the point where I gladly helped her with hauling all of her new clothes back to 'her place'. So where exactly is 'her place'? Down in the mud at the bottom of the lake? Maybe a black cavern with bats and mutated fishes dancing with ghoulish spirits. Or some ancient altar where people are still bringing a cup of milk and coins in exchange for small wishes. Nah. That can't be it.

"Oi! Heads up, little one!"

"Wh--?"

If it wasn't for Mami, the wall of water, caused by the passing car, would have hit me, but she was quick enough to shield me with her light blue umbrella. Splash slopped on the thin, waterproof fabric, leaving us somewhat safe.

"What were you doing, Ogawa? Are you missing my signature splashes that much?"

"N-no... I... "

Why does Mami like to take advantage of me at my worse moments.

She chuckled lightly and brought her umbrella back up with hand in the pocket of the kitsch jacket. Nonchalant the blue tips of hair moved in time with her walking pace. Small specks of the mud on splashed on back of her pale, thigh I must admit, she has nicely shaped calves. Mami whistled to herself, a barely audible whistle of some cheerful melody. All of that, all of those small, bright things, made her look carefree and happy. And for some reason I didn't like it. It was like watching one of those movies when you know something bad is going to happen but you watch it anyway.

"What are you so happy about, hey?" I asked as I tried to catch up with the blonde but her pace was quick and the amount of puddles I had to jump over was ridiculous.

"Why can't you just walk across them, little one?"

"Across what?"

"Puddles. You jump like a little frog, but with less grace, instead of just walking across them. It's not like you won't get all wet sooner or later."