Chapter 11

Hello readers!

Hope you've had a good Christmas or end of 2016 and best wishes for 2017. Rusalka Mami has made its return and hopefully my part will parallel myskin's quality with my own twists. The Polish section is written by myszkin. Thank you for your continual support and enthusiasm with each chapter's release.

Written by Crystal, myszkin edited by myszkin & Crystal

_____

-Tomomi's perspective-

The path from getting from Ostróda to an airport in Warsaw was one hell of a trip, especially when you had a curious rusałka by your side. The type of a spirit that wants to touch absolutely everything along the way: from a lock on other passengers' suitcases, through the wig the man sitting before us wore, to a button that should has a warning on it that if you push it all the catastrophes in the world would break loose. Believe me, she tried to use red emergency button on the airport just to check if the guys with guns really could shoot them. If I could tied her up and send to Australia in baggage's hatch - I would. I mean she'd survive a body shelled with bullets. Probably whilst laughing and taunting and end up on the evening headlines. Me? Not so much....

But then again, the amount of amazement that I could see in her actions, the childish bewilderment that made her eyes bigger than moons, allowed me to forgive her everything. From time to time she caught me by the hem of my yellow shirt and dragged me to the next exciting for her thing, like vending machine or a shop full of tacky souvenirs. Of course after a moment she tried to hide her enthusiasm and pretend that she didn't just made a sound that made her similar to 5 year old kid running down the aisle of candies. But you know what? Now, with all those days that passed and taught us more about one another, I knew my monster better and could easily see when she was really into something. And right now she was into trying to lick the glitter from the mermaid that is a symbol of Warsaw.
"Yh! Don't eat that!" I ran to the rusałka's rescue just in time to prevent her from biting off the head of plastic figure and probably crack her tooth on it. "That's not eatable!"
"I thought that was chocolate..." She pouted and crossed her arms. "Mortals' creations can be so deceiving sometimes."

"Eh... Come, Mami." I put an ugly figurine back on the shelf hoping that no one would notice that it had teeth marks on it. "I'll buy you something good to eat. There is still much time to kill before our flight comes."

---

"Ok, dig in Mami."

I took the blonde to the airport's restaurant where tourists could wait for their planes to take them to their destinations. I would play with Mami the guessing game where we would try to imagine where people are going but I was pretty sure that she would just get up, tap on someone's shoulder and ask straight away something like: "Excuse me mortal wearing the shirt in highly unpleasant and almost offending for my eyes colour, my friend here wants to know where are you going. I have to inform you that she probably asks just from rudeness she calls "curiosity" not because she is planning on killing you on your way home. Now. Where are you going?" You can imagine that the "guessing" in "guessing game" wouldn't be the usual fun. On the other hand: who said that everything has to be "usual"?

"Why aren't you eating?" The bowl with hot, white soup was still untouched and placed neatly before my companion. An extraordinary phenomenon considering how she loved her food.

She fidgeted uncomfortably on wooden chair and looked away. After a moment I could hear her huff.

"Come on Mami. What is it?"
"It's plastic..." The woman in blue bomber jacket whispered and showed me the spoon. It was plastic. Indeed. Just like the bowl was made out of white material.
"So?"
"It's different from the one I used in your home. I don't like these. Yours were pretty."