Chapter 15 (Version 2: alternative Halloween)

You're in luck, dear reader with a unexpected back to back release. I intended it to be in time for Halloween but exams and my busy schedule has pushed it into... lets say a review of the ghoulish holiday. Enjoy

  Written by Crystal, myszkin, edited by Crystal & myszkin  

Tomomi Speaks

October is soon reaching its end, calls for Pumpkin Spice right? Oh wait, Starbucks over here doesn't do that. But I have noticed there's some fake cobwebs, spiders and pumpkins at Cafes and shops. Which had prompted our ancient undead friend to say with much distaste, they need help with spring cleaning with the cobwebs everywhere.

When I told her it was for Halloween, she asked why the shark spirit made no mention of it. Well it's not a local tradition I said for starters. But I didn't want to test my own halloween knowledge, so I made her ask her best pal Siri on our way to Woolworths to pick up a value pack bag of lollies and chocolates.

"You didn't tell me, people here realised it was great to become dead? Maybe I could recruit more to become my kind here. Start a new rusalka colony in Australia!"

"Err... no its for fun and pretends Mami. Just like you pretending quite well that you're alive and kicking."

"Well rigor mortis called and told me it wouldn't be coming till the end of eternity so I might as well be kicking." Mami made her signature insidious smile as she gave me a kick on the calf and marched her way to automatic doors. She look as if she ready to lead a legion of the ghoulish undead into the supermarket.

I had to catch up with her in the lollies and chocolate aisle. After picking up some fresh produce for dinner.

"Say Tomomi, what do little Aussie children like?"

"Hmm anything with sugar and chocolate in it. Pick anything you want."

"Can I buy the whole shelf then?"

"No, we don't have that many kids trick or treating in the neighbourhood."

"But we could have it for ourselves?"

"If you want land me in pre diabetic land quicker, then go ahead."

"Really?"

Mami's eyes lit up as her hands clawed three mega lolly packs at once.

"I was being sarcastic, Mami."

"Ah you and your human speech." She grumbled and still threw two of the packs into our shopping trolley as well grabbing random chocolate packs.

"Beats me if you get pre diabetic." Mami murmured as she gripped a massive pack of musk sticks which I don't terribly like nor would most kids I think.

I had to smirk. "Well... then I'd potentially get diabetes and probably die earlier."

"You won't die before the end of this trip will you?" Mami cold hand latched onto mine.

"No-no well potentially..." I returned a cunning smile.

"Ahhh why do humans like doing things to self destruct faster?"

"Good question. But let's get philosophical later."

Least to say I was happy that my words managed to prevent Mami from emptying parts of the lolly aisle.

_

For novelty, we decided to make spooky cookies and halloween treats epoused by the Food Network channel. I guess it was a way to partly fulfill my childhood urges I never had. Buying the radioactive coloured icing and made a jelly graveyard in a mixing bowl. Making cookie ghosts and gravestones to be covered with crunchy chocolate cookie soil. Eating all the naughty things that my mum would have keep away from me as a child if we lived here.