Ch 4- The Kim Family Convenience Store

A/N- how are you enjoying my story so far? I have a question that I would like some input on: should I make this story longer? Or keep it short and sweet? Comment, I would appreciate it <3
-Min

----------------
POV- reader
----------------

Jungkook smiled from ear to ear. "Can I call you Tae?"

Taehyung looked surprised, but then followed the younger's question with a warm smile and a curt nod.

"Well, ready for some great food? You look like you're going to collapse any minute." Tae threw his hand, saying this.

Jungkook gladly took it, but his mind was racing at 900 miles. He had made his first friend in high school, no, his whole life. He was confused as to why Tae didn't recognize him from the department store, but then again, maybe he did and didn't want to say anything... Either way, this one person had enough compassion to help "pathetic" Jungkook twice, without ever asking anything but friendship in return. He felt the couple minutes of compassion fill up all of his bad memories, brightening up his whole outlook on life.

Jungkook felt like he was flying, soaring straight up towards the sun. He could practically feel the wind whipping through his hair, snapping at his face, making his eyes water.

He was happy for once. And he could feel the happiness engulf his whole body

'I'm not alone anymore'

---

The two made their way out of the building; surprisingly, nobody caught them. A stroke of luck, considering neither of them were in good shape, and couldn't even think about evading the pursuer (if pursued).

Taehyung moved out to the curb, trying to hail a taxi for both of them.

"Tae, can't we just walk? I can manage... I'd rather not take a taxi..."

Thoughts about taxis reminded Jungkook about the night he left his family. It would muck up his mind with sad memories of years of neglect.

Tae was confused but agreed readily, not wanting to make the younger upset or uncomfortable.

They strolled along the streets, pointing at neon signs and making small talk. But it wasn't uncomfortable for either. They enjoyed each other's company, and soon they had reached a small corner shop.

Tae grabbed Jungkook's arm and dragged him swiftly into the store.

"I thought we were going to a cafe?" Jungkook confusedly said.

"Yeah, this is a cafe, but behind the store. Only a few people know about it, but I'm in the loop" Tae replied, winking.

Taehyung pushed the glass doors open and strode confidently in.

He was immediately met with an assortment of flying objects.

"KIM TAEHYUNG, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING HERE WHEN YOU SHOULD BE AT SCHOOL?" An older woman screamed from behind the store counter.

She was short, almost hidden by the stack of snacks sitting in front of her. She took the snacks and deftly chucked them at the older's face until she noticed Jungkook standing behind him, losing it. She immediately stopped throwing things and smiled widely as she walked around the counter to greet them.

"Hello, welcome to the Kim family convenience store, ask me if you need assistance." She cheerily said and then shot an evil stare at Taehyung.

"Taehyung, move, you're blocking the customers ' way."

"Granny, he's with me. I brought him to have some lunch."

This snapped the old woman into action, quickly moving through a door and ushering them to an empty table for 2. She quickly laid out a menu for Jungkook, and shot another dirty look at Taehyung.

"You should have told me, idiot grandson. Now your friend thinks I'm a bad person." She turned to Jungkook batting her eyelashes at him.

"No, I don't think you're a bad person grandma! That's the hardest I've laughed in a while." Jungkook shyly said, opening the menu and skimming the selection of dishes.

Taehyung pouted over the treatment from Granny. He ordered a iced tea and fried rice right away, giving Jungkook time to make his choice.

They absentmindedly munched on the finger food that was on the table.

"So Tae, I didn't know you had a comedian for a grandma." Jungkook stifled a snicker, looking towards Tae.

"Neither did I. Apparently."
Tae turned as red as a tomato.

The fried rice appetizer came out, and they put their orders in. Tae got a hamburger, Jungkook ordered some ramen.

Some people walked into the back room cafe, and were seated near the pair. Taehyung noticed, and got up quickly.
"Hold on, I'm going to run up to my room quick, hold tight."

He shot up and through another door across the room. Jungkook could hear Tae bumble up a set of stairs. Seconds later, he heard him trudge down the same set of stairs, throwing the door open again and sitting down in his chair. In his hand he held a small notebook and a sharpened pencil.

"You sounded like a herd of elephants coming down the stairs, Tae."

"Thanks" he popped, obviously not paying attention to the younger as he flipped the book open to a page.

"What's that?"

"My observation journal... Uh... Ah here's the page... Those two sitting over there have a page in here. They both like each other, but don't know it. I've been documenting them every time they come in here..."

Jungkook looked astounded. Instead of finding it creepy, he found it appealing. Tae took the time and dedication to observe others. He knew he wouldn't have the patience to do the same, so he was impressed.

"Last time they were here, she ran out of the door crying... I'm surprised they're here together again."

The woman let out a light chuckle, and the man smiled. The two looked content together, not uncomfortable.

Tae and Jungkook threw glances their way all throughout their meal, Tae scribbling in his notebook furiously.

When the two got up to leave, they hugged and the man pulled the other into a deep kiss. They broke apart and smiled.

"hOLY SHIT. IT HAPPENED." Tae yelled, a bit too loud. The couple turned towards them, curious about the outburst. Jungkook covered Tae's ass by standing up.

"Hell yeah it happened, The bachelor finally picked a bachelorette last night."

Tae caught on to Jungkook's plan and nodded. "So crazy, they were meant for each other."

The couple chuckled and walked out. Both boys let their breath out, visually relieved that they weren't caught eavesdropping on the other customers.

"Thanks for covering for me Kookie. Finished?"

Jungkook looked down at his empty bowl and nodded.

"Kay, let's go play some games."

"Where?"

"My room, duh."

Jungkook then got extremely nervous. 'What if I attack him? Jeez, this isn't good Kookie...' He didn't know if he could hold himself back from the older when they were alone in his room...