Ch 8- Unexpected Actions

A/N- HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOOKIE!!! I know it's a bit late, but better than never, right?
---------
POV- Reader
---------

The scents from breakfast cooking downstairs awoke Taehyung from his reverie and he moved towards the hallway, out of Jungkook's room. As he exited, Jungkook was bustling out of the bathroom. They collided when Tae turned the corner, bumping Jungkook into the wall behind him. Tae quickly knelt to help him up.

"T-Tae, I can get up on my own."
Jungkook was flustered and blushing, trying to get up and away from Tae as soon as possible. He flashed a weak smile and then headed down the stairs, leaving Tae dumbfounded for the second time that morning. Soon, he followed suit.

"Ah, boys please eat your fill, I have made plenty of food!"

"Thank you!" The boys both said in unison, Jungkook quickly breaking eye contact and turning away, face burning. Tae was starting to wonder why Jungkook was avoiding him.

'Did I embarrass him this morning? Did I do something wrong?'

'What if he won't return my feelings?'

-------

They finished breakfast in the same fashion, Jungkook avoiding Tae, Tae worrying about Jungkook.

"I have to go watch the store, you boys do the dishes. I left some spending money on the counter for when you're done, go have some fun!"

They swiftly moved to the sink, scrubbing the dishes furiously. Taehyung was washing while Jungkook was rinsing and putting them on a towel to dry. As Taehyung would wash, Jungkook would stare at his profile and blush, wondering how Tae felt about himself. His puppy love was in full swing, so much so that he didn't process the knife being passed to him. He felt a jolt of pain in his palm and yelped. He stepped back from the sink and stumbled over a rubber mat on the floor, falling backwards. Tae deftly swooped up the younger in his arms, moving him towards the kitchen door, and then up to the bathroom. He pulled out a first aid kit after he set Jungkook gently on the edge of the tub. When he finally looked at Jungkook's face, he was surprised. He wasn't looking away, but staring directly into his eyes. His lips were partially opened, just enough so you could see his white bunny teeth.

He was flushed and looked a bit dazed. And totally kissable. His moist lips looked so inviting, like a large dinner made for a starving man. Taehyung lost all sense and fell into those beautiful lips, still holding Jungkook's palm up for inspection. He moved his other hand upwards to cup the younger's cheek, and closed his eyes.

Jungkook went rigid, eyes almost popping out of his sockets. If it was even possible to turn a darker shade of red, he would have. There were fireworks going off in his head, he was ecstatic. When he finally realized what was going on and he was going to return the kiss, he felt the pressure leave his lips.

Taehyung had pulled back wiping his lips, worried that Jungkook went rigid because he didn't want to kiss him. He straightened up, and turned into a tomato. Stumbling backwards, he said an awkward "s-sorry" and darted out of the bathroom. He raced to his room, locking the door after him.

'How could I be so stupid? Why would I just kiss him? He's gonna think I'm a disgusting creep that let him stay over just so I could have my way with him... Aigoo...'

Back in the bathroom, Jungkook was still frozen. He touched his lips absentmindedly, still feeling Tae on him. He had electricity running through his veins, he was numb. But he liked that numbness. It wasn't like the dead numbness he feels when he is getting the shit kicked out of him. It was like being reborn, the tingly newness of the world finally hitting your senses. He liked it. He wanted more. He stood, forgetting all about his bleeding hand, making a beeline towards Tae's locked door.

He slammed an open hand on the door.

"Taehyung, please open the door. I would like to come in." He said calmly but firmly. The only thing on his mind was what he wanted. And that was Taehyung, kissing him once more.

All Tae heard was an angry and hurt boy that he had just assaulted. There was no way in hell he was going to open that door. In reality, Jungkook was so happy he had made a move, it showed that he maybe felt something for Jungkook. He just wanted to continue what had abruptly stopped in the bathroom.

"Kookie, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to do that... I-It just looked like you were so scared and I, I, didn't know what to do... I'm just going to stay in here... You can take that money and go out yourself if you'd like..."

Jungkook was crushed. He had the hope that Tae was serious with him, that they could kiss again. He had to hold back tears. As Jungkook was about to refute what he had said, Granny came up the stairs and saw the blood all over the floor, leading to Jungkook's hand.

"OH DEAR, quickly get in the bathroom I'll patch you up, come on." He was quickly ushered back into the bathroom, and away from Taehyung, who was brooding in the other room.

She had professional accuracy with the band aids, and cleaned the cut with precision.

"All better?"

"Uh, yeah... Are the dishes okay? I didn't drop any did I?"

"Oh no not at all, all the dishes are fine. Also- Taehyung moved all of the trash out of the spare bedroom, so you can stay in there from now on, okay? He also put your things in there as well."

"Ah thank you, Granny. My hand feels much better." Jungkook gave her a convincing smile, and exited. He went into the spare room, and was pleasantly surprised. Everything was neat and tidy, like Tae's room. He felt like he was in Tae's room, and that made him happy. Especially since Tae said that the kiss didn't mean anything.

His phone distracted him from his thoughts when it lit up with a message. He slid his phone open to reveal an unknown number.

Message from: Unknown Number
"Hey cutie, is that thank you dinner still on the table??
\(-U-)/"

Jungkook giggled a bit when he saw the emoji, because he knew exactly who it was.

"Hey Granny, is that money still available for use?"

He shot back a text:

"Tell me when and where"

And then changed the contact:

"Drunken Mochi"