Chapter Two

~Luke~

I watched as my brother walked in pain over to our group. He had that girl, Jade, with him. His new partner for the project.

It had been perfect, Sang wasn't paired up with Greg or any other mongrel in the class and we had been the group of three.

Until Jade stepped in. As soon as Jade walked in she tensed up.

And now Jade was with North and Sang held our baby like it was her anchor. I couldn't

stand it.

I reached for the baby and held it in my lap while Sang was held by Silas. I knew I couldn't comfort her because she was supposed to Be Silas's girlfriend at school. But I was glad he was comforting her.

The baby we had picked out had a pink blanket, a small yellow onsie and eyes that were hard plastic and a pale blue color. I couldn't help but wonder what my baby- if I ever had one, would look like.

"Sang sweetie," I said, looking up towards her, Jade was rambling off baby names and North was rejecting them, of course, his eyes never left Sang and that only pissed Jade off more.

I knew he was under orders to fit in but Sang looked miserable. We'd have to talk with Mr. Blackbourne.

"Yes, Luke?" She said as she lifted her head from Silas's shoulder to look at me.

"Want to name our baby? Well have her for the whole month..."

She nodded and slipped away from Silas, and sunk in the grass next to me.

"Oy. Get her the fuck off the grass!"

I rolled my eyes and scooped her up by her waist, I grabbed the nearest backpack, Gabriel's, and put it under Sang before setting her down again.

"Better?"

Gabriel grinned and turned back to his conversation with Victor. Academy business.

Sang looked at me.

"Do we want an unusual name?"

I grinned at her and nodded, "I like unusual names."

She took the baby and stared at it for a moment, thinking. Everyone but Jade stopped what they were doing to look over at Sang, waiting.

"How about," she looked up at me, "Amira? Like... a spin off of, 'a miracle'?"

I grinned at her and ruffled her hair, "it's perfect!"

The other guys around us agreed and I tried not to grin at Gabriel staring daggers at Sang's hair. It was so soft, I liked it.
"I think it's pretty stupid," a high pitched perky as hell voice said.

I shifted, blocking her view of Sang.

"Oy, can we go shopping and shit? It can't stay in that same blanket forever."

Sang turned to Gabriel, looking worried.

"It's just a project..."

Victor shook his head, "don't you want a good grade?" his eyes were dancing.

Nathan chuckled, and Silas perked up, "can we go to the salon afterwards?"

"North, do you want to come over to my place or should we go to yours?" Jade's tone was suggestive and Sang flinched.

North's eyes suddenly lit up. I didn't understand until he spoke.

"Sang baby," he took the baby from Jade and scooted next to me and Sang, his back to Jade, "what should we name this one?"

Her mouth popped open a little bit, this time everyone was watching her curiously. This was North's way of asking her if she forgives him about not being her partner.

"Asteriskos," she lifted her eyes to meet North's.

Both North and Silas were grinning. From my limited knowledge I knew it was a Greek name.

"Little star. I like it,"

Jade started to say something when Gabriel walked by, mumbling that his Gatorade wasn't opening.

Suddenly, Gabriel's juice was splashing onto Jade and he had the great acting skills to blush, step back and start apologizing.

Sang giggled and covered her mouth, she knew, and I knew that Gabriel meant to do it.

Jade got up and stormed off, Gabriel sat back in his spot, looking smug.

"Trouble, when do we want to go shopping?"