Chapter Seven

~Blackbourne~

I was instantly on alert when Gabriel said that Victor was with Sang, because Victor was sitting right next to me, eating what was probably his first meal in days.

The entire team had been stressing over Miss. Sorenson's well being. As had I. The fact that Corey was having such problems tracking down the bastard responsible for bringing such pain to my team made me livid. Not at Corey, but at whoever hurt Sang.

So far this seemed to high tech for Mr. Hendricks, Volto didn't work didn't work like this... well not that he's shown, and... we didn't have any enemies outside of that. Well, not big threats anyways.

After we had rushed down to Miss. Sorenson's room only to find her hospital bed empty, Mr. Coleman had reached his limit. Mr. Lee and Mr. Morgan had called in the other to update then while trying to bring Mr. Coleman back.

His defeated voice just kept asking us where his Trouble was.

Corey checked the camera and wires. He had said that the wires were tampered with as soon as we left. Meaning whoever it was had been waiting for the room to clear out.

Sean checked the wires and camera's for prints but there were only our prints on there.

I was going to find her. I was going to bring her home. And whoever did this shit to my team will have hell to pay.

*****

~Sang~

A warbled voice awoke me only a little from my sleep, the boys so often had done this. I heard there pleading and crying at me to do more. To wake up.

I wanted to, it hurt so bad to hear Victor's deep baritone voice broken with stress and depression. I didn't want to be the cause of that. So I tried all the time to wake up fully but it never really worked. Now, all I heard were a few voices.

The voices slowly became clearer in my coma-like state, as Dr. Green so often put it, and finally I could make out words.

A monotonous voice that seemed very familiar was talking, "good job, you've been a great asset. I'll get you your constellation prize when this is all over."

The next voice that spoke made me wish I could wake up and see her, "I'll get her back right?" Marie asked, I couldn't figure out what she was talking about.

Me? Did she mean this guy, whoever he was would make me somehow wake up? She missed me?

She cared?

The second voice spoke again and this time I recognized it, "Yes, you'll get her back. I'm going to deal with those boys and she," Volto paused, "will be mine."

I heard an exasperated sigh, "she's practically dead, how can she be any good to you?"

"I had some chemical compound added to both bombs, believe it or not, Marie Sorenson, I have eyes still in the Morgan house. Particularly in the room the bombs went off in, I had full control over when the bombs went off, if the boys had been caught in the explosion they too would be passed out. Sang will wake in a few days because of her height and weight being so small, the gaseous elixir I used was to strong of a dose for her dainty personnel," Volto said.

"So you kidnapped her, what are you going to do with her?"

Volto didn't answer right away and gave me enough time to be sufficiently freaked out.

Kidnapped? I had been kidnapped and my sister was in on it? She had made a deal with Volto? Does she know what he looks like? No, my frazzled brain caught up with my worries, his voice was still warbled, that means he had his mask on.