Chapter Thirteen

~Nathan~

I was having trouble processing things. If she wasn't here, then where was she?

I watched Victor fiddle with his phone, I had been doing the same, as if waiting for Sang to spontaneously text me. And then I would realize her phone was still with Silas.

I jumped when Gabriel marched into the room, and he was pissed! Even though he was the least muscular out of all of us we had all been scared of Gabe these past few weeks.

Not really scared of him, scared for him.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Texting? It better be so fucking important that your dick would be chopped off if you didn't look at the message!!!"

With that, Gabriel stomped over and jerked Victor's phone away.

Gabriel had apparently gotten very very touché. The doc followed in after him as did the rest of the guys, minus North and Mr. Blackbourne.

Dr. Green was frowning and I watched Gabriel incase he was about to have another attack. My eyes flickered to Victor.

What's going on, I raised my eyebrows.

He shrugged sheepishly, I guess you'll find out.

I glared, what the hell man?!?

His shoulders slumped and his eyes hit the ground, I'm sorry.

Gabriel looked up from the phone, he was gripping it so tightly I'm surprised it hadn't cracked yet.

"What's going on?" Kota demanded, I could see him tapping his finger against his pants.

He had been on edge too, he was tapping furiously and I had no doubts that his genius brain was counting, letting go of some stress.

I wished I could train.

Gabriel spit it out with venom and something else in his voice, "apparently an ambulance picked up someone from this property, most likely Volto. Yeah, the fucker is Volto. Anyways, the shit head got away and North and Blackbourne are searching for him. They found him by the woods with a stomach wound. So Trouble could have escaped and had to fight her way out for some awful reason. I told you! I told you she would get in trouble!!"

Victor looked like this scenario hadn't accrued to him, that would explain why he hadn't said anything. He had been expecting the worst.

Gabriel was huffing and puffing real loud.

Kota was on freeze and then suddenly he snapped.

"Okay, there's a bunch of broken glass on the floor in the bed room that was probably Volto's. Luke, Victor, can you both stay here and piece it together. See if any pieces are missing and if there are text the rest of us immediately. We don't know if Volto hurt himself trying to escape or Sang did this to him in attempt to get away. Nathan, Dr. Green, please go to Nathan's house and grab the four wheelers. Me, Silas, and Gabriel will all go out into the woods and look for Sang. Nobody is to yell her name in case Volto is also looking," he paused, taking a breath, "if anyone finds anything they are to text everyone. Luke, fill in Mr. Blackbourne and North."

I was bummed out, why we're me and doc leaving to get the four wheelers?

Kota looked at my face and continued, "if Sang is injured please call Dr. Green, him and Nathan are getting the four wheelers so that they can get to whoever's got Sang quickly. By that point, silence won't be a priority."

"Alright," Dr. Green said, "You heard the man, move out!"

~Silas~

The woods? How was she supposed to survive the woods with no food, no water.. no nothing?

I followed both Kota and Gabriel out to the woods and I took the West path.

Gabriel, who insisted Aggele mou was smart and would head north, towards home, took north, and Kota took south.

I was trying to be quiet while walking but my bigger frame and muscular build was hard to be stealthy with, especially while I was trying to look for Aggele, not tiny sticks that would make noise if they were stepped on. I glanced up hearing a human noise, or what I thought was a human noise up in the trees, my eyes caught a squirrel and I frowned.

Surely a squirrel wouldn't have made a heavy breathing sound...

My legs caught in some underbrush and I nearly tripped.

I heard a faint pitter pattering on the forest floor but I most likely scared a dear.

I wanted my Aggele mou, and I wanted her home now.

We kept searching for a while, after I scared off the dear I took time to be stealthy and decided to start searching more thoroughly.

Kota: Okay, it's too dark to search now.. we'll need to start up first thing tomorrow.

Gabriel: we can't get flashlights? Trouble is out here alone.

Blackbourne: we are no use to Sang if we are all bone tired. Everyone go home and get at least 7 hours rest. And I mean REST. That's an order.

Dr. Green: if she comes home send updates immediately!!!

That night I stayed in Sang's bed with Gabriel, Luke slept on the floor. Nathan, and North were at Nathan's house. Kota and Victor stayed at Kota's house.

It was a very very long night. I don't think I slept so much as dozed and woke up with every creak and groan of the house.

I missed Aggele mou so bad, if she came home with a scratch on her I'd kill Volto.

Sang's well-being was the first thing that had provoked a killing side of me. I would do anything to ensure her safety and well-being.