Chapter Nine

~Marie~

That son of a bitch! I handed over my half sister, not that that had been much of a hindrance. What pissed me off is after all the secrecy, the mask, everything. That prick still hadn't come through on his part of the bargain.

He had promised me my mom in exchange for Sang.

Seriously, I would have given her up without the promise of getting my mom back.

Those.... boys Sang hangs out with had gotten rid of her. My father had abandoned me with his kid and deemed her in charge.

The only reason I put up with her was I didn't know what to do.

Yeah, the drugs and alcohol Danielle supplied... well she didn't know about half the alcohol but that was besides the point. Anyways, what Danielle did supply was nice but Sang's boyfriends, mom was right by the way, she is a slut, supplied food.

I found it sickening that she would sleep with more than one of them some nights. I found it sickening that they were all okay taking turns with her. Whatever.

She wasn't here anymore.

But that bastard, what had he said his name was? Volto?

Anyways. He hadn't followed through yet, something about me being loyal and blah blah blah.

His mechanical voice got irritating and old real quick, it was like listening to the robot talk to you while telling you about the person who's mailbox had not been set up.

I set my bag on the counter and walked over to the fridge. The house was quiet and I wondered if Sang's boyfriends were worried.

When I opened the door to the fridge I found the bottles of coffee, not much else. But when I opened the freezer I found chocolate ice cream and a box or hot pockets.

Jackpot.

I opened the hot pockets and threw one in the microwave, after it was already cooking I took the point of ice cream and ate out of the carton.

Sang wouldn't be getting any of this, why bother with a bowl?

The microwave beeped and I walked over and opened it.

"Marie," the voice was familiar, deep and masculine.

It wasn't Derek's. He was fun to play around with but that guy was to nosey for his own good. Always bugging me about the booze and other stuff.

I turned to see one of Sang's boyfriend, the tan one with the Greek accent and the sexy hair. He was super tall and made Sang look like a puppet in comparison.

I didn't like any of her boyfriends, I mean, if they were into Sang something was obviously wrong with them. But they were sexy. Nice to look at, I mean.

"Uh, Sang isn't here," I murmured.

Whenever I was around other people I seemed to calm up, it was nice of Danielle to keep me from having to deal with to many people. But I especially clammed up around Sang and her many boyfriends.

"We know," the one with the dark hair and to light stripes in his hair said and he came around the corner.

I had thought this one was gay until I saw him checking out Sang's ass one time.

Definitely not gay.

I was about to reply when a third man came around the corner. He seemed familiar but he wasn't one of the usual guys.

Then it clicked.

I had seen him in school, at the office sometimes while I was in there. He was weird.

What were they doing here?

"Marie, we would like to discuss your sister and her whereabouts with you," the not gay one said.

"It'd be appreciated if you just cooperated," the Greek one tilted his head.

That's when I realized I had no where to go.

"Alright," I shrugged.

Maybe I could lead them astray. Maybe this is what mask face had meant. Loyalty.

They guys led me to the living room and I sat on the couch, eating my hot pocket.

The teacher spoke first, "We know you've been working for Volto."

Well there went my whole plan of living my ass off.

~Sang~

I hadn't been let out of my room once, and after the third time I realized the food was drugged with something that put me asleep and made me loose track of time.

I had been dumping it down the toilet, when I could. I had had weak moments when I was so hungry I gave in and ate it.

Today I was lucky.

Volto had come in and checked on me, probably seeing if I was asleep. And I had stayed perfectly still, not twitching.

Apparently he believed me because I had heard him walk towards the part of the house I had come to find as the front. Shut the door and then the sound of a car leaving exploded in my ears. Telling me it was finally safe.

Quick as I could, I got up and rushed over to the door, I wiggled through the flap at the bottom, it took some work but I did it.

Over the last week or so I had come to figure out an idea of the house's layout.

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed some crackers. The water he gave me was always safe so I didn't bother with that. I grabbed a few pieces of fruit and shoved it all through my door flap. I walked into the kitchen again and grabbed a knife out of the knife drawer and some tape, then I stole a lighter out of a junk drawer and deposited it through the flap.
After I did that and rearranged some things to make my thievery go unnoticed I snuck back into my room.

Who knew how long he would be gone for.

I hide the food under the dresser, it was raised off the ground and inch or two and the designs at the bottom helped hide my stolen goods.

I taped the knife and the lighter to the headboard of the bed, the side that was facing the wall.

By then I heard the car pulling back in the drive so I hurried to put the tape with my food and jump in bed.

By the time Volto was unlocking my door to check on me my heart was pounding.

Would he notice?

The door opened for a second and then closed, the lock clicking shut from the outside.

He didn't notice. I gave out a sigh of relief and fell into a true slumber.

~Sean~

I was watching Marie be investigated by Silas, Gabriel, and Blackbourne, it was irritating the way you could see Marie's gears turning. She wanted to lie, she was guilty.

I shut of my phone in irritation, I couldn't watch this any longer. I didn't want to see Sang's sister try to lie about where Sang was. I don't think I'd be able to just let it happen.

My phone buzzed on the table and I looked over at it.

Who wasn't watching? It was mandatory... I was recording it to watch later and analyze the behavior and facial tells of the half sister of my little beautiful creature.

Kota: Luke's having nightmares.

I frowned, this wasn't good, Luke hadn't had a nightmare in a long time.

Dr. Green: What was it?

Kota: Sang's death.

That nearly knocked the wind out of me. The fact that he had seen that must've been messing with his head worse than the fact that she's gone.

My team was falling apart. The guys that I consider family were being torn apart and each of them were slowly pulling away. This couldn't be treated with therapy, this had one cure.
A cure I was determined to find.

It entailed a little multicolored hair, green eyed beauty. She barely had much of a voice left and she was the sweetest most innocent and naive girl I had ever met. And she owned my heart, my soul, and my love. That little girl would be the cure. Only she could fix the cloud of depression and hopelessness that had taken a front row seat in my teams line of emotions.

Dr. Green: Watch him, don't let him fall into anymore depression.

Kota: Okay.

I felt bad, all of us were pretty messed up but so far, Kota, North, Silas, me, and Owen were the better off.

Luke, Victor, Nathan, and definitely Gabriel had already gone deep into depression.

I'm not going to pretend that I know how Gabriel is still functioning, but whatever reason it is, I was glad for it.

Just then I got redlined from Victor, it said he was a few blocks away from the hospital.

I quickly excused myself at the front desk and drove towards his location.

It didn't take a genius to see the black SUV that was crashed, nearly folded in half because another car had hit it.

The other car was gone.

I pulled up next to Victor's car and found him shaking and covered in blood. He had his phone clutched in his hand and he looked pale from the blood loss.

As quick as I could I scanned his body and found d the source of the blood, his bone in his leg was sticking out of the flesh and he was losing a lot of blood.

I dialed the hospital and tried to keep him conscious