Chapter Ten

~Victor~

Volto. That asshole. He was so close. I saw his mask.

Let me rephrase that, I saw his mask right before his large track slammed into my SUV and I had to redline doc.

I was starting to feel cold. Dammit, my leg hurt really bad but all I could think of is Sang, and if I had been faster, or paid more attention I could have maybe saved her.

Dr. Green showed up right as I wanted to take a nap, it would be the first in I don't know how many days. But the doc kept telling me I had to stay awake.

Wasn't he telling me to sleep earlier?

I felt numb, my blood soaked my clothes and I couldn't care less.

Doc asked me a question that was slurred and unintelligible. Was he drinking? He should not be drinking. North drank when he was mad.

Was he trying to be North? No, he wouldn't do that. Right? Right.

I was getting lost in a song that kept playing in my head.

Winter, by Vivaldi.

Shit, I was losing my marbles. Did I even have marbles? Maybe doc would know about my marbles.

That's when I realized I was in a hospital, with my bone sticking out of my flesh.

That should hurt, shouldn't it?

I was going to ask Doc, but when his face swam into view he was frowning at me.

Maybe I lost his marbles, I thought, as I drifted to sleep.

~Sean~

I watched Victor pass out while he mumbled about marbles. Did I give him to large of a morphine shot? It was possible, but I figured the poor kid needed it.

Dr. Green: Victor is with me, broke his leg, and is in a leg cast. Should heal in about three weeks.

Owen: how?

Dr. Green: Hit and run... he kept saying Volto but we'll have to wait until he's up and thinking straight to find out.

Owen: Updates.

~Marie~

I watched as the teacher guy, Mr. Blackbourne texted on his phone. He frowned, which was funny because I thought he had been frowning the entire time.

The hot Greek looked at me, "Marie, where is Sang?"

He asked it as if it was a question but I knew better, he knew the answer just not specifics.

"With the mask dude," I said, talking with my mouth full of delicious hot pocket.

Gabriel, the not gay one frowned and linked his fingers together behind his head, "where exactly is she being held?"

What should I tell them? Nothing. I wanted my mom back.

Cooperation would be very little with these guys, "I don't know I was blindfolded the whole way there."

"Truth," Mr. Blackbourne said.

How would he know?

Silas, the Greek, looked at me, "Where did the mask guy pick you up from?"

"The school," I said.

"Truth."

I frowned, would he keep saying this every time?

"How long did it take you to reach the destination, and did you see the outside? Numbers on the building, street sign?" Gabriel asked.

"I don't remember," I replied, "and I wasn't paying a whole bunch of attention."

Mr. Blackbourne raised an eyebrow.

They continued asking stupid questions and I continued answering only the ones I wouldn't get in trouble for.

After about an hour Silas sat up straight, "since you don't want to tell us everything you know and you obviously don't care for Sang, we will tell you a secret for a secret."

I was curious, "What secret do you want from me?"

"What was the deal?"

It took me a moment to reply, "my mom. I get my mom back from wherever you.. people sent her."

Gabriel frowned and thrusted an envelope at me.

Inside it said my schooling was granted to start sooner. Some all girls prep school in some other town.

Well, anything was better than here.

"You're train leaves 10 am tomorrow. Need anyone to drive you?" Mr. Blackbourne asked in a deep daunting tone.

I nodded slowly, Volto obviously wouldn't give me my mom back and these guys had just given me free room and food.

I didn't see any better offers.

~Owen~

The other envelope burned a hole in my back pocket. The envelope Marie held was to the school her father wanted her to go to.

What I had was far better. But she had lied multiple times. She didn't care for Sang and she had handed Sang over.

So for that, I wasn't rewarding her. I was simply sending her far enough away that she wouldn't be near Sang. I couldn't risk Sang.

She might be mad at what I had done, but I wouldn't risk her safety ever again.

~Sang~

I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to be asleep for, so over the next two days while I wait for Volto to check on me I devised a plan.

While I was out I had noticed the high security on the front door, so if a window was broken, a door the led to the outside was opened or tampered with, the alarm would go off.

This made an escape plan especially hard. Every single day I waited trying to find a routine in Volto's life. And I did.

Everyday around noon or so, Volto left and wasn't home for about three hours.

This was the best news ever because it meant that for two hours I could wander around the house. I couldn't figure out how long I had been here because there was nothing that told me the date. Volto spend a lot of time on his computer but it was locked.

After two days of me supposed to be passed out from Volto's drugs I found a camera.

One month? I had been here for nearly a month!

Quickly I started doing the math in my head. If it had been a month and I had only been awake a few of the times... but no... that couldn't be right. I had been in a coma for part of the time so who knew.

I missed the boys. Everyday I saw something that would remind me of them and I'd have to keep myself from crying. I would get back and I would see them again. That day in Victor's house... that shopping trip... the day at school before that.... those instances in time wouldn't and couldn't be the last that I saw my boys. I would pull through this.

Or I would die trying.

~Gabriel~

My fists clenched in my hair. The bitch lied.

I don't go calling girls bitches lightly but Sang's sister was a piece of work and she had lied.

I felt myself pulling at my hair, I hadn't washed properly in a few days, I had been so worked up about everything that it was nearly impossible to think straight. My phone buzzed in my pocket as we were leaving.

Dr. Green: Victor is stable.

What? I checked my earlier messages and saw nothing to do with Victor being unstable.

What was the doc talking about??

Gabriel: What?

Dr. Green: Sorry, Gabe. That was meant for Owen. Don't worry about it.

Nathan: What's wrong with Victor?

Luke: Is he okay?

Mr. Blackbourne: It appears you have used the multi chat, Dr. Green.

Was Green going to tell is what's up with Victor or not???

Dr. Green: He's waking up now actually why don't you all come down to the hospital.

North: On my way.

Kota: On it.

Luke: Ditto.

Nathan: Coming.

Mr. Blackbourne: Will do.

Silas: Roger that.

Gabriel: Okay.

I looked over at Mr. Blackbourne, and he looked lost in thought.

We were already in the car headed away from Sang's house. We didn't get very far with Marie but we weren't willing to interrogate her for real, despite the fact that Marie was with holding information, none of us wanted to risk that Sang might not forgive us.

I went back to pulling at my hair. I had pulled out quiet a bit of it over the last few weeks.

Sang had been missing for almost a month. I hadn't spoken with her for a little over a month. I missed her and at this point I would do anything to get her back.

My mind wandered to Victor and how he was apparently unstable earlier. Did he have a breakdown? I wanted to breakdown, but whenever I was on the edge I thought of Sang and how she expected us to be looking for her. How she was probably being strong and getting in to Trouble.

My heart ached at the thought and I was desperately afraid that Volto might touch her hair. I mean, that's a tucked up thought in the long run but when I found her, and if a hair on her beautiful head was messed with, some fucker was going down.

Maybe I had already gone off the edge. I wasn't aloud to go anywhere that somebody else wasn't with me and if I were perfectly honest, I wouldn't eat without someone constantly reminding me that food is vital for survival.

I felt bad, all the other guys were fucked up too and here I was, being a big liability.

We pulled into the hospital and Silas shot me a worried look, instantly I pulled my hands out of my hair and pretended that I was capable of normalcy.

I didn't bother fixing my hair, it was going to take a lot of work to undo the damage I had already done to it.

We walked into the hospital and followed the halls until we got to room 1315.

I took a deep breath and Silas gripped my shoulder. Mr. Blackbourne shot us both a worried glance but opened the door for us to step in.

Victor was laying in a hospital bed, sitting up and talking to the people around him. Our trio was the last to arrive. Victor looked over and I could see instantly that he was in pain. His body was covered with bruises and his right leg was in a cast.

He cleared his throat and I sat on the floor, "I was in a car crash... with Volto,"

Instantly he was interrupted.

"How do you know it was him?"

"Did you see his face?"

"Are you okay?"

"Was Sang with him?"

"Model, color, year, license plate?"

"Silence!! Let Mr. Morgan have his say before he is questioned," Blackbourne said. His voice cutting our questions to an end.

Victor looked at him thankfully and continued, "I was headed towards the store near the outskirts of town... I needed gas and it was the closest place," North grunted.

North had repeatedly told us to get 'only a specific kind of gas'. Whatever. It was very irrelevant to the story.

"...anyways, that's when I saw the truck, it was a blue, Chevy c 10 and I didn't see the face..," he looked down at the bed, "I saw the mask in the front part of the truck, on the dash. I knew it was him because right after that the truck slammed into mine and well... Doc got there about five minutes after he left.... I wasn't thinking straight. I should have told doc to follow after the truck but....,"

I got up and slung an arm around his shoulder, "It's okay," I said, "You just identified a vehicle. And if he was going to that store his location must not be that far away... maybe one of the cabins in that little wood area..."

The other guys nodded, North talked to Victor about the license plate, directions and a bunch of other things. Me? I was filled with a light feeling that could have been called hope.

~Sang~

I heard him walked down the hall, and I closed my eyes, trying to calm my breathing.

"Sang?" A mechanical voice said.

Maybe this was it! I was finally supposed to be awake.