Chapter Six

~Silas~

I felt a wash of relief run over me when the bomb was safely taken care of, I spoke in a whisper to Victor as we walked back.

"So, do you think it was just our babies that had bombs in them?" Victor asked, his voice obviously weary and worried.

"I'm not sure... to be honest, I hope it was just that one."

I saw North walk over to us, his eyebrows furrowed, "If that one had a bomb do you think mine did too?"

Almost the exact moment he said that an explosion detonated behind us. As one we spun to look at Victor's office, smoke poured out of the door and flames licked the antique walls, most importantly, Sang was still in there.

I burst out of my shock before the other guy and charged into the room, they were quick behind.

"SANG? Sang baby can you hear me!!?" North said, and he kept saying it, as if he was a broken

record.

Victor next to me was using a fire extinguisher, and putting out the flames. I ran to where I last saw her, next to the backwards clock.

She bench she was sitting on was in splinters, the Dragon desk that Victor had been working on was blown up. The Baby had been sitting on it.

I yanked my phone out of my pocket and pressed speed dial # 1. It called everyone. Victor and North ignored their phones but everyone else picked up, voices assaulted me at once and I was too stressed out to pick out the individual questions.

"Victor's house," I said, "I'll explain later but long story short there was a bomb, and we can't find Sang."

I knew many of them would be outraged. Who the hell forgot about a possible bomb and left Sang in the same room as it? I did. I messed up and now Aggele mou could be dead. The thought made my muscles ripple and clench, she's not dead. She can't be.

"Mr. Korba," I heard Mr. Blackbourne say, his voice eerily calm, "find Miss Sorenson, we are all headed over."

Despite the fact that he was getting half information, he didn't reprimand me, he didn't yell, and he didn't freak out. I was in such deep shit.

I searched the room after hanging up, Gabriel had been freaking out, Luke was in an uproar, and I had had to tell Drm Green we would need him the most.

I could see North and Victor searching to my left and right so I went forward. Past the broken bench and past the backwards clock, that somehow wasn't ruined, it made me want to turn back time. I wish I could, I never would have let this happen.

Smoke curled around me and snaked down my throat, nearly choking me, I stumbled forward into the wall next to the window, I broke it open and just as I caught a clean breath of air I heard a tiny whimper.

My eyes snapped down to Sang's limp form under the window, I felt tears of relief run down my face but they quickly turned to pain as I took in her burned body and pool of blood, her head was bleeding profusely. I scooped her little beautiful body into my arms and marched out of the room.

"North, Victor!! I got her!!"

I heard cars squealing to a stop out front, I practically flew down the stairs, Victor and North quick behind me.

"Korba! Put her on the table!" Mr. Blackbourne's voice was cold and quick as a whip.

I laid her on the table and Dr. Green took center stage, he started checking out her form and

Blackbourne started pushing us out the door, to the living room, the fire department showed up and Victor stiffly went outside to deal with them. Everyone stood around the living room tensly.

"Korba," Blackbourne barked out, "tell us what happened, every detail as to why Miss Sorenson what hurt in a bomb explosion."

I swallowed and started to tell him or North's thoughts about the camera, North interjected and said his reasoning and then I continued, "So Victor pulled apart Sang's baby first, he found a bomb and quickly we disposed of it. We had left Sang in the room for her safety. Only none of us thought that there would be more than one bomb. There were in fact cameras in the babies, but Victor believes the bomb was set to go off if the babies wires were tampered with. He believes they were there to prevent the camera from being discovered and the live feed watched. The Baby camera has a small chip that holds a lot of storage, it's motion activated so it isn't recording all the time. We lost North's chips data and Victor hasn't gotten then chance to test and see if the chips are linked to a computer of not but we imagine they are."

Victor walked in, stood by the door and was silent, he would report after me.

"The babies recorded both picture and sound. We need to find out if all the babies have waiting bombs, who planted them and why. If it was Hendricks and he wanted to get better access to us he sure got it- if he can access the feed."

I was pretty sure my report was done, Mr. Blackbourne watched me. I knew he wasn't actually looking at me because his eyes were flashing and sparking while trying to process the information.

"Victor," he said, "what did you tell the fire department?"

Victor cleared his throat and crossed his arms over his chest, he was covered in soot and dirt, his hair thick with ash, "I told them that a gas heater blew up."

Blackbourne nodded and turned to North, "North, you and Nathan need to set to work on the computer chip, I want all those babies tracked down and checked for bombs, head out to Corey. Luke, I know you might want to stay with Sang, but she's being transported to the Academy hospital, Dr. Green was just stabilizing her. I need you to head out to Mark and Raven, they need your help. Favor for a favor, so the debts already paid before it's accounted. Gabriel, Silas and I will head to the hospital. Victor," he turned and looked at Victor, "you and Kota will stay here and deal with the fire damage and all that details. Are we clear?"

Everyone nodded.

"Updates I want updates!" Blackbourne shouted as he started out the door.

Gabriel and I followed after him, this day was turning from relaxation to very stressful. On the ride over to the hospital I saw the sun setting over the buildings. It was such a beautiful one today I wish Aggele mou could see it. But no, she was in the hospital because some jerk didn't know how to leave the beautiful creature alone.