Chapter 4

Angel is almost six months now and is teething. Her cries keep me up most of the night.It's been almost two months since I've been working with Justin again. I head to his office to give him a folder and remind him of his meeting at three today.
After I hand him the folder, my phone starts ringing. I go to answer it when Justin takes it from me and hangs up. Then opens his drawer and puts it in there. It was Becka and she never calls me so I know something is wrong.
"Hey give that back to me." I snap
"No personal calls during work." He snaps back at me.
"But sir I really need to take that call." I try to be calm while I'm freaking out.
"Don't ask again." He says then proceeds to stand up and take me by my arm and remove me from his office. There is no way I'm gonna be able to get my phone back now.
Then my office phone rings, I can use that I think.
"Lisa how may I help you?"
"Lisa it's Becka." She says just as some one else starts talking over her.
"Lisa how many effing times do I have to tell you, NO PERSONAL CALLS AT WORK." He yells"I'm sorry Becka I have to go."
"But Angel is---" Becka says and Justin hangs the call up I'm worried about my baby. What's wrong with her. My office door flies open.
"I thought I told you no fucking personal calls woman. You are resting my patience." He he says pinning me against the desk just when the intercom comes on.
"Lisa there is a woman on the way up. I tried to stop her but she went anyway."
"Thanks Alex." I say back and look into Justin's eyes
"I refuse to dump any more girls for you, grow some balls and do it yourself."
"How do you know it's for me?" He demands
"Because it's a female." I scoff isn't it obvious.I hear a faint crying sound and think that poor woman then I hear Becka's voice calling me."Lisa where are you?" She sounds worried and the screams are getting louder. I quickly rush out of my office and see Rebecca holding a screaming Angel with her hands stuffed into her mouth.

"what is wrong with my baby?" I ask, taking Angel.
"I don't know. She has a fever and has been screaming for forty-five minutes. I tried to get her to quiet down even on the way here she wouldn't." I knew then that something was wrong because she always falls asleep during car rides.
"I was gonna take her to the hospital but wanted you to know."
"Why the fuck does she have to know?" Snaps Justin behind me.
"Because she's my daughter and don't you ever use that language around her." I answered.
"Your daughter" he says shocked.
"Yeah"
"I'm sorry Justin but I have to leave early today."
"No you still have work to do." He says stubbornly
"To bad I also have a daughter that needs me. Right now work can wait and I wasn't asking." I say walking past him to my office to get my purse. Then go to his office and get my phone when I open the drawer. I see our wedding photo in there and a few other photos of us and of me. I also see his iPhone and press the button and see me on the front screen. Why would he have me? He hates me right? I walk out and Justin asks
"What is her name?"
"Jasmine Angel." I answered, walking into the elevator with Becka. Just as the doors close Justin ask
"Is she mine?"
After we get down I rush to my car.
"Would you like to drive with me?" I ask Becka.
"What about my car?"
"We can get it later."
"Okay let's go" she says climbing in. I pull out and head to the hospital. After being here for two hours the doctor came back and tells us that Angel is fine and it is only teething and it also wouldn't hurt if I spent more time with her. He gives us a prescription and tells us a teething ring will help too. We head to a pharmacy and get the prescription filled. Then go to a target for a teething ring. I get some stuff for me then I head back to work to drop off Becka so she can get her car. Then I head home. When I get home I pull out work stake from the fridge that I put in there, this morning. I put it in the oven with stake sauce and some uncles Chris's stake seasoning. Then go change out of work clothes, into some booty shorts that are like spandex and a crop top and walk back into the living room with Angel. I curl up into a ball with her and cuddle after about fifteen minutes my timer goes off. I take the stake out of the oven and put it in a frying pan and fry it for about fifteen more minutes and bake two potatoes. I'll have one tonight and for breakfast I'll cook it like American Fry's did. You know that cook books are really great tools. I then cut the stake in half and out it on a different plate and set it on the counter. After I'm done with that I get some apple sauce for Angel to est and go to sit down just as in sitting down, the door bell rings. I go to the door and open it and there stands Justin. How did he get my address.
"Is Jasmine okay?" He asked hmm who is Jasmine I think man does he look sexy in a T-shirt and a pair of low rising gray jeans.
"Lisa? You done checking me out?" He asks smiling, actually smiling, oh gosh im a hot mess.
"Oh yes she is fine. I call her Angel and I wasn't checking you out" I lie
"Sure" he says with a knowing look on his face.
"It's okay I check myself out every morning." Well that's disturbing I think.
"Just kidding but I do check you out." He whispers huskily in my ear. What the hell is that suppose to mean I think as I open the door wider for him to come in.
"Well okay." I answer, blushing
"We were fixing something to eat. There's extra if you want any." I tell him
"Thanks" he sits down at the table.
"Um a quick question who is she's, like who's is the father, like I mean lucky guy." He rambles
"Oh no one's." I say waving my hand like it's no biggie.
"Well she is obviously someone's."
"Well if he didn't state the obvious." I say sarcastically laughing.
"Is she mine?" He asks sincerely.I don't know if I should tell him yet.
"Oh who is the cutest baby. No wonder your mommy calls you Angel, you look like one." He coos at Angel.
I really want to tell him but what if he gets to take her it would really kill me if he did, but I could fight. I have a great team of lawyers behind me but then so does he, but he deserves to know he is a father and Angel will need a father. I fight with my self.
"She is yours." I blurt out then slap my hand onto my mouth.
"Mine" he says in a daze.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks.
"I didn't think you would want a kid from me."
"Why would you think that?" He asked confused.
Maybe because you told me that I think to myself more than once. Then you would apologize. Then go it again.
"Would you like to get to know your daughter, Jasmine Angel Jenkins?" I ask
"Yes please." He breathes out
"Well you can feed her if you want."
"I would like that" his huge hand takes her little spoon and starts feeding her.

Comment, vote, share
show the love <3
Your blueeyedqueen1999
Leah