Chapter 8

Robyn gasped. A horrified gasp. The silence was deafening. She looked over at Harry who was frozen in his spot. He wasn't even breathing. Confusion and terror clouded his eyes.

Everyone was all thinking the same thing; how?

"Harry Potter. Harry Potter?" Dumbledore muttered again, his eyes searching the Gryffindor table to find the messy haired boy.

"No... No." Hagrid uttered in despair.

"That's...that's not possible. How?" Robyn said weakly, her head just as messed up as Harry's.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore boomed, his voice loud and angry. Harry was still frozen stiff.

"Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake." Hermione gave Harry a small shove.

"But Hermione, this isn't his fault. He can't possibly do it. They can't actually let him..." Robyn trailed off and Hermione just looked at her with wild eyes. No one knew what the bloody hell was going on. They were all just as confused. All just as angry. All just as scared.

Robyn grabbed Harry's hand as he slowly got up. She gave it a squeeze and let go, her head falling to face her lap.

She was not going to cry. She wasn't! . . .

Dumbledore handed him the burned piece of parchment and said nothing. For there was nothing to say, yet there was so many unanswered questions, all dying to be revealed. Harry gave one last desperate look Robyn's way before he turned and disappeared into the room with the other champions.

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet." A boy yelled from the sea of people just as the raven haired boy vanished.

Robyn felt her heart break. Why did this have to happen? Why Harry? Why couldn't someone else deal with the pain and suffering and heartache and despair and loss? Why was life so unfair?

>>>

Harry stood in the room with the three real champions. He was pacing. The others had asked how he did it but he always replied with I didn't do it. They didn't believe him.

Dumbledore suddenly came storming in, other Professors and a Ministry employee scurrying after.

Dumbledore grabbed a fistful of Harry's robes. "Harry! Did you put your name in the Goblet Of Fire?"

Harry was taken aback by Dumbledore's actions and stared into his wild blue eyes desperately.

"No sir." The bespectacled boy said honestly.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" Dumbledore fired at him, his fists only tightening on Harry's robes. Harry gulped. This was not like Dumbledore to get so worked up. To worry so much.

"No sir."

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes sir." Harry nodded vigorously and Dumbledore let go of him.

"Well of course he is lying." Madame Maxime accused, standing next to Fleur, her face cross with anger.

"The hell he is. The Goblet Of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year." Mad-Eye said after taking a drink from his metal flask.