Chapter 13

The air was filled with excitement. Everywhere people were smiling. Everyone was happy. Even the quartet.

There was no stress, no panic, no fear, just pure happiness. Just like the good old days in their first year before they found out about everything messed up in the wizarding world.

Hermione and Robyn were standing together in the Common Room, near the fire, chatting among themselves, away from everyone else.

Everyone in Gryffindor were crowded around the portrait, cheering and screaming.

Harry was stuck in the middle of it, clutching his golden egg. Normally, he hated attention but after what he went through, he thought it wouldn't hurt to embrace it and make the most out of it. Just this once.

Suddenly, Fred and George appeared behind him and lifted him into the air. Harry grinned while raising the golden egg above his head. The cheering got louder.

Robyn looked up from the conversation she was having with Hermione and caught Harry's eye. She and Hermione were going to congratulate him later when he was alone because they didn't want to be stuck in the middle of the crowd when everyone had the same goal they did, so the two thought it would be easier to wait till he was alone. Robyn grinned at the green eyed boy.

"We knew you wouldn't die Harry." George said

"Or lose a leg." Fred continued.

"Or an arm."

"Or pack it in altogether."

Harry looked at the twins in amusement. He really did cherish each and everyone of his friends.

"Go on Harry, what's the clue?" Harry heard Seamus ask from the crowd.

"Who wants me to open it? You want me to open it?" Harry yelled with a grin. Cheering greeted his ears, making his grin grow.

He opened the egg and everyone recoiled instantly. A horrific screech came from the egg. Harry shut it as quickly as he could.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Harry mumbled, rubbing his ears as the twins set him on the ground again. The egg confused him. Wasn't it meant to be a clue?

Ron appeared in the portraits doorway.

"Alright everyone, go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosey sods listening in." Fred yelled to the crowd.

Everyone left for the dorms, to wander the corridors or went out of ear shot. Hermione and Robyn stopped their conversation, watching their two best friends cautiously.

"I reckon you'd have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire." Ron said, almost sheepishly.

"Caught on have you. Took you long enough." Harry said, trying not to smile.

"Wasn't just me who thought you'd done it. Everyone was saying it behind your back." Ron argued, trying to defend himself.

"Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better." Harry rolled his eyes, a sinking feeling in his stomach, though his words dripped sarcasm. At least he had Ron back. He didn't care about any one else. Only his three best friends.

"At least I warned you about the dragons." Ron smiled, trying to right his wrongs.

"Hagrid warned me about the dragons." Harry corrected.

"Oh no no, I did. Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought you'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out." Ron explained, the shyness leaving his body.