Chapter 14

All of the Gryffindor house sat in the empty Great Hall. It was weird not seeing the four tables and candles floating around.

The boys and girls were separated.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Tri-Wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for well mannered frivolity. As representitives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance."

Groans emerged from the boys as McGonagall said this. On the other hand, the girls seemed a lot more excited.

Robyn was not excited about it at all and she let a groan slip her lips aswell, causing Hermione to elbow her in the side.

"Silence. The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." McGonagall said, her demeanor austere.

"Try saying that five times fast." Fred whispered to George.

As McGonagall continued, the twin red heads tried doing just that, causing Robyn to try and hold back her giggles as she could hear them failing quite badly.

McGonagall sent them a warning glare but that did not stop them. They just carried on in a quieter tone. Robyn saw Hermione shake her head in what seemed like disapproval but her smile told the brunette that she was still quite amused by their antics.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight." McGonagall said and Robyn could only raise an eyebrow. She had never danced in her life so she knew for certain she wasn't going to be anywhere near as graceful as a swan.

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance."

Robyn felt her mood drop as the feeling of dread crawled up her spine, taking her by surprise.

She was not looking forward to the Yule Ball. She knew for sure she wasn't going to get asked by anyone. And if she did get asked she wasn't sure if she wanted to go with a complete stranger that had only asked her out of desperation.

She wanted to go with Harry. But with him being madly in love with Cho, she knew it was a shot in the dark. She knew it would never happen.

Maybe she would just have to spend the evening in her dorm. Alone. Just like how it was before.

Robyn smiled at the thought.

"Mr Weasley, will you join me." McGonagall's voice caught Robyn off guard, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Robyn caught sight of Ron's surprised look as McGonagall led him to the centre of the hall.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?" Ron choked out, his ears turning almost as bright as his hair. Laughs sounded around the room.

"My waist." McGonagall repeated, her lips thin.

Ron did so hesitantly and a wolf whistle echoed around the room, only making Ron go redder, if possible.

"Now bend your arm. Mr Filch..."

Soft music began to play and McGonagall led Ron into a simple dance.

"One two three, one two three, one two three."

Ron's face held nothing but concentration as he stared down at his feet, trying to follow the professor.

"Oi! Never gonna let him forget this are you?" Harry whisper-yelled over to Fred and George.