Chapter 22

Shocked green eyes stared at Robyn as Harry looked at her in utter bewilderment. Robyn was sure her expression matched his as her mind was a cloud of confusion.

Robyn's chest rose and fell in quick movements and her breaths were short and often. She was gasping for air and although her desperate breaths kept hitting Harry's flustered face in hot clouds, he did not pay it any mind.

What he did pay attention to was the fact his back was getting colder and colder from lying on the grass with Robyn practically lying on top of him.

"W-What?!" Harry couldn't help but blurt out.

Robyn tried to calm her heart rate as she stared at him. His eyes seemed so bright against the darkness of the maze.

"Hello." Robyn replied as calmly as she could, the corners of her mouth twitching up ever so slightly.

Harry's face did not move as he still stared at her with confusion. "What?!" He repeated, his mouth opening and closing resembling a fish out of water.

Robyn scrambled to her feet and held a hand out for Harry to take. "I don't know either, so I think it's best we don't question it."

Harry took a few minutes more to over come his shock and confusion. Robyn sighed in relief when he nodded his head soundlessly and took Robyn's hand, hoisting himself up.

"Come on."

Harry and Robyn made their way deeper into the eerie maze. The cleanly cut hedges towered over them six feet tall, taunting them and making Robyn feel slightly claustrophobic. There was something sinister about them.

Heavy mist hung over the ground, sending a shiver down the two Gryffindor's spines.

"Harry, do you have the feeling that something's not right here?" Robyn asked, her eyes darting around her surroundings as they turned yet another corner.

Harry's hand tightened on his wand, so much so the skin on his knuckles began to turn a ghostly white. "Yeah, I do. Keep your wand ready."

Robyn, who had previously took out her wand, began to run through all the spells she had learned, ruling out ones that seemed useless in this possible bad situation.

The two reached a dead end and were forced to retrace their steps and find another way to head deeper into the horrid maze.

Cedric Diggory rushed through the maze, his guard up and his eyes darting everywhere possible. He didn't leave a single place untouched by his scrutinising stare.

Suddenly, he too reached a dead end and he stopped for a second to catch his breath. But the peace didn't last long.

Rustling reached his ears and Cedric swung around, only to see the leaves and hedges closing in around him. He darted forward, ignoring the scratches of the leaves and branches cutting through his clothes and flesh. His breathing was the only sound against the deafening silence and the more Cedric ran, the further the rustling got and he only stopped when he was surrounded by the eerie silence once again. He was safe. For now.

Fleur Delacour was not quite as composed and was running as if her life depended on it. Some could say it did. Her head shot behind her every couple of seconds until she was only a blur of pale moonlit skin, silver hair and blue eyes.

She let a scared tremble escape her mouth as she turned and ran down yet another long corridor of mist and haunting bushes. A shiver ran down her spine as she felt the hairs on her neck prickle up. She spun around and let out an ear piercing scream. It was cut short as something hit her and she was left staring blankly at the starlit sky as vines wrapped themselves around her body and began to pull her in.