Josh (Part Two)

since some of you requested it to become a part two, here you go. if you haven't read the first part, it is my most recent Josh imagine. 

+++

He remembered everything. The way you curled in his lap when you were tired while he was editing. 

He remembered the way your eyes crinkled in the corners when you were around him, smiling. He loved that smile. 

He remembered the way you walked, somewhat teasingly with a sway of your hips. 

He remembered you loving the way he walked, he didn't understand it, but he smiled whenever you brought it up.

He remembered the way he walked. He walked, just away from you. He remembered how it felt to break your heart, every last little tug at your heart strings that he caused, he remembered. He still felt it. 

He texted you, again and again. Josh was always persistent, it was something his fans and you loved about him, but at this point in time, it was useless and unwanted on your side of things. 

So, he went on a plane. That girl he was seeing, left behind. She cried a bit, as her and Josh were friends, she had held in feelings for him for some time, so they decided to try it out. His excuse, 'I'm young, I get to do what I want, make mistakes, screw up, screw girls.' It wasn't okay, because he screwed her, and screwed you over. 

After he landed, more messages came to your phone. Well, supposed to. Your number had been changed. He always described you as strong. 

If Josh can drop everything and leave you behind, then you can pack all of your things and leave your life, including him forever, behind. 

But, Josh didn't leave you behind. He left you hanging on a small thread, but he didn't let you go. You were always on his mind, no matter who he was with. 

He thought of you when he was standing at your doorstep, no idea that you were gone, that you left just like he had weeks ago. 

So, he did what he knew. He texted you, something that he had done out of panic more than often now.

"I'm here." Not delivered. 

"Open your door." Not delivered. 

Your car wasn't there, and sure, he noticed. But, he was blinded, he was here to see you, and you only.

He remembered that you had granted him a key to enter your house, so whenever he came back late at night, he'd have you to come home to. 

He slipped the key in the lock hole, turning it. He pushed the door open, and his eyes didn't know where to look first. 

Your walls, the blue color you swore by, had nothing on them. You hated having plain colors, so you usually had them covered with paintings from a variety of unknown artists.

The couch was gone, so were the chairs. He sat his suitcase down, eyes widening. Everything was gone. You were gone, just like he was. 

You made a promise to him that you'd never run away, and he broke it, so you did what you know. You did the same as him. 

He was lost. Lost without you, not knowing if you left forever, if you moved, what happened. He didn't know. And if there was one thing that he hated, it was being oblivious. 

He checked every single room, all being empty, besides a few boxes and small items that you wanted to leave behind, that you didn't need anymore. 

And then he made a discovery. He looked through the boxes, finding a particular one. His name was scribbled angrily on the front of it, dried tear stains on it. 

What was this? Why? He didn't know what he was thinking, but he opened it anyways. 

All of the pictures that you two framed were almost smashed, angrily stuffed in the small box. Things were spilling out of it, him having gotten you so many things that they barely fit in the box.

There was a picture of you on his shoulders in the dark, from behind, your legs and arms around him as you leaned over to press a kiss to his cheek. It was a cute picture, one of the first you two ever took together. 

There was a teddy bear that he got you when you were sick, he came over and fed you soup and crackers. 

That was when you thought he cared about you, when he didn't leave you behind, when you were actually a part his life.

He finally watched that video that you had filmed. Tears were rolling down his face at that point.

He grabbed the box, pressing it against a blank wall. He took a picture of it, tweeting. 

"I guess we both know what heartbreak feels like. I love you, forever and always, baby."

And he left the house with one final glance, driving away. 

That wasn't the last time he came back, he came back every single day, in hopes he will come back and find you there, waiting for him like he was waiting for you. 

That never happened. You were gone.

Josh, he was gone too. He didn't leave, but without you, he couldn't find himself. So, in a way, he was gone, just like you were.

He didn't find himself either, because he couldn't.