Chapter Thirty One: The Unexpected

I had no idea what to expect the moment I walked into the Prince's training room

I had no idea what to expect the moment I walked into the Prince's training room. To my surprise, the bare room was once again covered in snow and ice. The Prince wasn't standing in his usual spot as if waiting for me to show, but instead sat on the ground in the middle of the room, meditating.

His hair was pulled back into a bun, but a few strands had escaped and lay against his neck. His eyes were closed and his chin was slightly lifted toward the ceiling. I closed the door behind me and entertained myself by staring at him.

It was time for our training, a training I'd canceled, and yet, there I was waiting for him to come to.

A minute had passed and he still hadn't moved an inch. I walked further into the room and took a seat directly in front of him, crossing my legs in the same manner. I tried not to pay attention to his chiseled abs and bare chest as I watched it rise and fall with even breaths. He was perfection...and I couldn't stand it.

"Prince Sebastian," I said and waited for him to open his eyes. When he continued to meditate, I waved my hand in front of his face. "Hello in there." Nothing happened.

I poked him hard and when I lifted my finger from his chest, the indent was pink. I looked into his eyes, but they were still closed.

Hmm...

I got on both knees and leaned closer, my nose almost touching his. I suppressed a giggle, finding it funny that he had no idea how close I was. I wondered if he could hear me and if my words would pull him out of his trance. I came up with an idea.

"Dear Prince," I began. "I must confess something to you." I stopped and bit down on my lip to keep from laughing. "I'm madly in love with you and can't stay away. There, I've confessed. Now take me into your arms and kiss me." Nothing happened and I frowned. I had expected him to wake up after hearing me say something like that. I decided to take a new approach.

I looked down at his lips and thought about kissing him to see if he would come to. Surely that would do the trick. Even though kissing him would mean that he had been right, I still found myself actually wanting to. I could no longer deny that he was an excellent kisser, and that each kiss had awakened me in ways I could've never imagined.

I found myself leaning close to his lips, drawn to them without realizing I had even moved. Succulent. Pink. I didn't stop myself once I started and stared down at his mouth as I prepared to kiss him.

He flashed a brilliant smile.

I looked up and found brilliant blue eyes boring into mine. I yelped and fell backward, completely surprised by his awareness. He'd...he'd heard everything I said. He had watched me as I'd tried to kiss him. And from the look of triumph in his eyes, he took pleasure in it. I turned bright red.