3

one month later

Arin the cat was weaving through people's legs as the full moon lit up the sky behind the clouds. In the past month his body recovered, just in time to be sore again, and he hadn't seen Dan again. Arin couldn't deny he was sad, it was the first social interaction he had in a long time. He tail drooped low as well as his head, this caused him to bump into a woman's leg. The woman, who was on her phone, "awwed" and went in with her business and so did Arin.

Arin thinks he must of went a different way subconsciously because he was already at the cafe. Arin walked through the cat door and looked around. There were several people in the cafe this time. And Arin saw that Dan was there too, sitting at the same table as last time but talking to Barry, who was sitting across from him. Arin can see they are both talking animatedly with wide grins of their faces.

Arin tilts his head to the side but makes his way over to them. He quickly reaches the table - all of the other cats were busy having another fight, this time it was at the base of the cat tower. Arin hops on Barry's lap and then onto the table. Dan's eyebrows go up.

"Big Cat returned?" Dan reaches out and pets Arin, making him purr.

"Big Cat?" Barry questions, "is that what you call him?"

Dan shrugs. "Why not?" They then return to their previous conversation and Arin can hear the cat fight begin to heat up so he chooses to go visit them. Arin hops off the table and runs over there in curiosity. He stands several feet away just in case things get physical.

"who do you fucking think you fucking are, shit bag?" It's the white Persian once again. Many cats that had surround meowed in agreement.

The other cat was a black British shorthair. "I'm a fucking cat, I don't know if you can say the same thing for yourself, you piece of shitty moldy cat crap."

The Persian put a threatening paw out. "bitch I already made this shitty fucking place my fucking territory last fucking month, unless you fucking forgot - with your shitty memory and everything."

The shorthair took a step forward and pushed their chest out. "I'd like you to fucking know my shitty memory is not shitty, you piece of shitty moldy cat crap."

The other meowed out a laugh. "Reusing your already shitty fucking insults?" The shorthair blushed, or what a cat can do for blushing. Arin decided that he would leave the cafe now, he was bored and he didn't feel in the mood for any food. Seeing Dan with Barry kind of made him sick. It was like Barry was trying to replace him! Even though Barry only knew Arin as a cat. Arin shakes his head and heads out of the cafe.

Dan sees Arin leave and tells Barry he has to go and quickly gathers his things. He scrambles out and looks both ways and see a tail flick around a corner. He takes quiet and quick steps towards Arin.

After a few minutes - shorter than last time - Arin arrives at the same ally as last time and makes himself comfortable. Dan sneaks over and picks him up. Arin has the same reaction as last time, calming only when Dan began to let him. But instead of making his way back home, Dan sits in the ally floor and leans against the wall while petting Arin.

Arin relaxes a bit, but is worried for when the morning comes and he will transform.