4

"I keep thinking about this person." Dan begins, petting Arin the cat. "I don't know why though, I don't even know their name." Arin tipped his head up to Dan from where he was clutched into his arms. "They were pretty though, but I don't know much about them so I shouldn't say that." Dan looks up to the sky where a few stars have decided to make their appearance.  He looks at the moon in wonder. "They seemed nice, but they were in pain. I don't know why though."

This sparked Arin's curiosity. Could Dan be talking about Arin? All things he has said apply to him, but he was probably talking about a girl he saw at a bar or something that was having cramps.

"I don't even know how they got into my house." Okay, so Dan wasn't talking about a girl with cramps, he was talking about Arin. "Why'd you run off last time I saw you Big Cat?" Arin of course couldn't answer that - in human or cat form. But Arin liked the nick name Big Cat. "But they are a dude." Dan shuddered a big and Arin have a weird look and Dan sighed. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm fully supported of anyone being whoever that want to be, I just never imagined it could happen to me." Dan chuckled even though there was no humor. "It's totally normal and I'm acting like its not. It's just a matter of who I love, but I don't know who i love and that scares me." Dan's eyes go unfocused as he goes into his own thoughts. "I don't know what I'll do if I figure out who I love and I don't know what I'll do if I don't figure out who I love." Dan takes a shuddery breath and takes the hand petting Arin and runs it through his hair before returning it.

"Fuck." Dan curses. "I met one good looking dude once and he has already managed to make me consider my sexuality without even realizing it."

Oh I realized it Arin thinks to himself. He purrs softly and curls up to Dan.

Dan brings his hand through his hair again. "Fuck. What's going on with me? I'm scared and i don't know what to do."

Arin felt something start to change at the pit of his stomach and realized with a jolt that he needs to transform right now. He hops off of Dan and around the corner into the dumpster on the street. Dan watches him go, not moving, lost in his thoughts.

Arin begins his transformation, submitting to putting a piece of trash in his mouth so no one hears him. He finished feeling all sore and pulls himself out pf the trash can. He stumbles and grabs hold of the wall. But unable to stop himself he hobbles over to the corner and looks into the ally. Dan is still sitting on the floor, staring to the ground. Arin quietly makes his way to Dan and leans casually on the wall across from him.

"Hey stranger." Arin smirks as Dan's head pops up. "Fancy seeing you here?" Arin hides his grimace of pain.

Dan's side of his mouth tugs upwards. "Such a lovely place to meet, I always spend my weekends here."

Arin chuckles and forgets his pain momentarily. "What's your name anyway? Never learned it." Arin doesn't want to seem weird to start calling him Dan despite never being told his name. 

"Dan Avidan. You can call me Danny if you'd like. What's your name?" Dan tried not to show the eagerness he was feeling to learn this guy's name. He wanted to know that man responsible for making him feel such feelings.

"Arin Hanson." A few moments of silence. "Want to hang out some time?" Arin can't keep himself from blurting out.

Dan smiles wider and pops up from the ground. "Sure! Here's my phone number!" They exchange numbers.

"I'll text you when I get home, I don't have my phone on me." Arin scratches the back of his neck.

Dan shrugs. "It's alright bro. Wanna hang tomorrow?"

Arin nods, hesitant at first so he doesn't seem like too much of a creep. "Sure!"

"Ok!" Dan's smile seemed to grow bigger. "See ya around!" And then Dan walked out of the ally leaving Arin leaning on the wall with Dan's heart hammering fast and his legs feeling weak.