5

one month later

The full moon was hanging high surrounded by stars and the deep blue sky. Arin was sitting on his porch, the stars making up for the lack of light. He wanted to go to the cafe today, but he kept saying he was going in a minute, his thoughts getting in the way. Now he decided it was to late to go.

His thoughts were on the 4 visits with Dan in the past month. He actually has a friend and doesn't know how to deal with it. He hasn't had a real human friend that liked him as a human in Jesus knows how long. Arin waved his tail around in happiness and worry. He was worried if he would fuck this all up. Friendship is so fragile and he doesn't know how to handle it.

Friendship is like a flower. Beautiful and a gift to all those who experience it. And then it can turn rotten if you don't take care of it or if you ignore it. And it can break with one wrong move, one mistake and it's all over. You can try and put it back together, grow it back, but it's never the same.

Arin didn't really know where these deep thoughts came from but sure didn't like it.

They came from Dan Arin realizes. He was the one that sneaked into Arin's strict friendship circle.

Arin sees headlights at the end of the street, getting bigger as they move closer to them. Arin wondered what they were doing on his street, it was about the middle of the night and not many people came on this street anyway.

The car parked in front of Arin's house and this brought Arin's attention a little more, but Arin assured himself that they were probably visiting a neighbor's house. Arin could not see the driver of the car. The car's headlights turned off and Arin could not see into the car. The driver and passenger car door opened and two figures stepped out. As they came closer Arin could tell who they were and meowed in gasp.

It was Barry and Dan.

Barry had a box in his hand along with a grin laced with mischief on his face that mirrored Dan's.

Arin just stayed on the porch and watched them approve. Dan, who spotted him first, pointed towards Arin to Barry. "Look! Big Cat!"

Barry raised an eyebrow. "Why's he at your friend's house?"

Danny shrugged. "But be quiet we don't want to wake Arin." Arin sat up and walked after the two as the approached the front door. Dan reached a hand to his hair and pulled out a Bobby Pin from its depths. Dan kneeled down and began to pick the lock. Arin meowed several times in an attempt to stop them and Barry adjusted his grip on the box. Arin didn't know what was inside the box and didn't know if he wanted to. But Arin knows now from his reflection from earlier he should not be jealous of Dan's and Barry's friendship if he ever wanted to keep their flower alive.

Several minutes later, a click echoes in the air and Dan pops up triumphantly, holding up the Bobby Pin like a trophy.