9

some time later

Arin was tapping his foot against the floor and played with his fingers anxiously in the booth at the cafe. Dan was supposed to be here really soon from somewhere Dan said but Arin wasn't paying attention. Arin was very nervous. It didn't help that tomorrow was a full moon so Arin's body felt stiff.

Arin's eyes dart around, looking for any sign of the bushy haired man.

There was a loud familiar laugh and Arin's head whipped towards the entrance to see Dan talking with a server and laughing loudly. Dan looks around in between laughs and sees Arin. His whole face lights up and he waves to server goodbye and takes long strides to the booth in the back of the cafe. Dan took the seat across from Arin.

This wasn't the normal cat cafe they usually went to, they decided to change it up - or least Arin did and Dan went along with it.

"Hey Big Cat." Dan says as he sits down, Dan occasionally calls Arin 'Big Cat' when not in cat form.

"Hey Dan." Arin tries to make himself sound casual and fails. Dan tilts his head to the side and sends a worried look Arin.

"What's wrong, lovely?"

Arin's face blushed and he looked down at his hands. "I think we need to talk, about... us."

Dan nods, now looking serious. "What do you need to talk about?" Dan moves his head down to try and meet Arin's eyes but Arin is still looking down.

"I think we need to break up."

Dan couldn't hear the bustling sounds of the cafe. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't feel his hands. He couldn't feel anything. What was going on? He and Arin and been doing great. The object in Dan's pocket felt like a million pounds. He let Arin into his life and this happened. What had happened? They've been together a long time and now this? Dan's heart felt like it was beating out of his chest.

"You have big plans for life, I don't want to hold you back from doing what you love."

It registered what Arin said a couple seconds later. Dan felt like he couldn't get any air. Dan felt like there was bricks on top of his chest.

"Arin, shut the fuck up."

Dan's tone was very serious and it surprised Arin. Arin looked up, startled, and his whole body froze. "What?"

Dan shook his head. "You are not holding me back. Don't you get that? I love you."

It was not the first time Arin had heard Dan's love to Arin. Arin had said it back to him before - completely meaning it. But now it felt more real. "I love you too."

"Then why'd you want to break up?"

Arin looked back down and fumbled with his hands. "I was being stupid. I just don't want to hold you back..."

Dan shook his hand again, this time looking softer. "Arin, if anything you help me do more great things. I don't care about one little problem you got, we all got them. I love you Arin, and only you."

Arin's face went red again. "I'm sorry."

Dan's lips turned into a very big grin. "I gotta tell you something too."

Arin looked up and stopped playing with his hands in confusion and worry. What if Dan was really breaking up with him for being so stupid?

Dan slid himself out of the booth and stood up next to the table. "Something very important."

Dan reached into his pocket and Arin's heart started going wild. Everyone else in the cafe seemed to disappear and it was just him and Dan. Arin was now sitting on the edge on his chair.

Dan takes a deep breath and lowers himself to one knee. He has tears in his eyes and a very big smile on his face. He held a black box in his hands. "Arin, since we have known each other you have made me the happiest man in the world. Before I met you, I was depressed, now I'm the happiest that I've ever been. I love you with all my heart and I can't imagine giving my heart to anyone else. You are the kindest, most caring, funniest person I've ever met. I never want to go a day without seeing your face. So, you will you give me the honor of being your husband?"

Arin didn't say anything, he couldn't. So he stood up and threw his arms around Dan's neck with enough force to send them both to the ground. They both share a laugh. "I take this as a yes?"

Arin nods and Arin can distantly hear cheering from the rest of the cafe. Arin was glad they were all cheering, no one was hateful and it was nice.

Dan stood up and helped Arin up. Dan took Arin's hand and slid the ring on. Then they interlocked hands and made their way out of the cafe.

a/n

one more part ;)