Prologue

Everyone loved dancing, even if it was merely watching. The way one's body twisted and swayed in time to a beat. The way your heart synced with music. When the melody consumed you and you were taken to a new world of enjoyment. Dancing is the base of society. To love dancing is given. To master dancing was an art. In this society, everyone wanted to dance, though few made it in with such harsh competition.

Not you however. Growing up, the concept of dancing had been ruined for you after years upon years of grueling work. You didn't want to dance anymore. You couldn't. You wanted to be a spectacle or nothing at all. Sadly, there was no room for spectacles in this world, so you remained nothing. Helping your small sibling Frisk was all you had.

He did ballet. You didn't dance.

When he asked you what style you danced, you'd merely smile and reply. "I don't dance... I perform."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For many years, you helped Frisk perfect their skills. They moved like water with the grace of a swan. When they spun it was like watching him fly. Today you practice of Mt. Ebott, excersing their stamina by dancing up the mountain. Your own craft could wait, as long as Frisk was happy.

Expert spins and leaps were executed without hitch. You reached the peak of the mountain, clapping for them as they bowed for you. As usual, they ended the training with an all too familiar question.
"(Y/N), will you dance for me?" They asked, using their best puppy dog eyes.

You smiled and shook your head, laughing. "If you can perform eight perfect leaps in a row, I will show you my performance." You said, carefully choosing your words.

They had never successfully done it before, but determination lit their eyes. You watched happily as they started, legs extended perfectly. One leap. Two leaps. Three leaps.

Their face twisted with fear as their body began to fall. Eyes widening, you lunged after the boy, feet fumbling over a vine. The two of you plunged into an unknown fate.

Get ready to dance, the curtain's just rising...