38) Nothing hides a human's problem better than books.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter is dedicated to hafsazaidi. For being an amazing reader and staying with me.

*****

38) Nothing hides a human's problem better than books.

CATHERINE'S POV

I reached my home and gave the ingredients to maid. My legs took me to the room while my mind was murmuring the words 'Jenny' again and again.

I couldn't even have a single clue on who she is but the minute I heard him say it. I knew she was connected with something here.

Is Jenny his mom? I have not heard anything about her. I have not had a normal family for years so I forgot how it is to have a family.

Now when I think this house doesn't have a normal family too. They have lots of money and all but no family bonding. I feel a residential house can't be decorated better than this. Flowers vases are present everywhere I see. Indoor gardens are everywhere too.

Wooden finishes on doors and floors are breathtaking. The wooden stairs are marvelous. The windows are aptly placed to reveal the beauty of the outside lawn.

The beauty and class is evident everywhere I see but I couldn't see a single family photo or something.

This house seems like a house which is ready to occupy. Without any family photo or any personal style of family bonding.

I opened the door and it revealed our bed which I have been sharing with Addar. A picture of Addar was above it.

Addar... Ravichandran asked me to betray him. The guy who has made me sleep. I haven't sleep like this for the past few days. He has given me peace.

I sat on the bed thinking of Ravichandran's words. If I betray Addar, he will give back my family prestige.

It can't bring back my dad or my brother but it can give peace to their soul. It can make my mother's life easier.

But I have to find who is Jenny. Is Jenny his mother?

I have to analyse my options and decide later.

The sound of the door opening made me turn, I could see Addar walking in. He kept his things on the floor and sat near me.

He took my hand tenderly in his hands while interlacing our fingers which I responded back.

He sat close to me while I could hear his calm voice, "What happened? Did anyone said anything bad to you?"

I shook my head. His other hand went to my face and made it rest on his shoulder. Now I could hear his voice near my ear, "Then why did the maid say you are upset. Why did Harini send me immediately?"

I didn't reply but sat close to him. He wrapped his hand around me and pulled me into his warmth while standing up. I stood up with him.

We came out without moving apart and walked through stairs. My eyes didn't wander to anything surrounding me even though I know it's beautiful but they were only on his broad chest.

My mind didn't register the way or the details of the house or anything but only the warmth.

I realized that I was in a library only after he pulled back. He made me sit on a chair and went somewhere.

I saw the library, it was a pretty big one. I used to read but left that as I grew up. The more you grow the less time you get to read.

Hobbies are mostly for young ones and old ones who have time.