Chapter 4: Some Rules Were Meant To Be Broken

(((Hey, sorry its so short.. ill be posting the next chapter soon!!!))))

I swallowed, biting my lip hard as I huddled next to Ben for cover. “Ashley, calm down.” Ben said as Ashley stormed in. “Oh fuck..” breathed Danny, watching him. I quickly moved out of the way as Ashley grabbed Ben by his shirt-which ripped-and slammed him against the door. “Nice going, bro.” Ben muttered. “Ashley!” I exclaimed, “Shut up, Alexandria.” Ashley snapped and turned back to Ben. “Don’t you bro me, have you been fucking with my sister!?!?” He yelled. Danny moved to break them up. “Of course not!” I yelled back, “hell no it was just a kiss, man back off.” Ben said pushing him back a bit. Ashley let go of the remains of Ben’s shirt and took a step back, glaring at Ben. I bit my lip hard looking between the two of them.

“You have some explaining to do.” Ashley said, glaring over at me. Danny watched Ashley and Ben closely, standing between them. “Ashley calm down, they haven’t been doing anything, I swear.” Danny said. “That didn’t look like nothing.” He growled. “Omg, you’re cheating on Andy?!” He began to pace the floor. “Come on Aly, he’s my best friend, what am I going to tell him?” I shook my head, sitting on the bunk below my bed. “Nothing, you don’t have to tell him anything.” Ashley, blinked looking over to me. “Oh yeah? What am I going to say when he asks how you’ve been doing?”

“Tell him I’ve been doing just fine.” I shrugged, “you want me to lie?” I shook my head. “Ash, just pretend it never happened.” I asked, worried, “please.” Ben stood near Danny now and we all watched a very frustrated Ashley, walk back and forth on the carpet. Ashley finally sighed heavily after a long pause. “I guess I won’t tell him.” He turned back to Ben, “but you better not touch her again or I swear, Asking Alexandria will be less one member.” He turned to me then, “damn, I come to spend time with you and you’re kissing Ben!!” I bit my lip as tears began to stream down my cheeks. “Ashley, please.” I looked away, “Ashley maybe you need a minute to calm down.” Danny said and Ash nodded heading back outside the dorm followed by Danny. “I’ll go talk to him.” I nodded and began wiping my face.

Ben looked over to me with a sad expression on his face. “Alexandria, I’m terribly sorry for.. “

I shook my head, “no.” I cut him off. “It’s ok, because I kissed back.” He looked up at me. “I’ll do anything to make this easier for you, babe.”

“I don’t want to ruin you and Andy’s relationship, Love.” I nodded and sniffled. “I need some time to think.” He nodded and moved to leave. I watched him go and once the door closed I collapsed on the bed in more tears.

I snuggled under the covers for what seemed like forever, smothering myself in thoughts of Ben and Andy. I didn’t know which one I wanted. I bit my lip and soon cried myself to sleep. When I awoke it was well enough dark and no one was in the dorm except me but not for long. I heard a knock and then Danny walked in. “How are you, Aly?” I shrugged, rubbing my eyes as I sat up. “I’ve.. I’ve really fucked up.” I bit my lip and just let the tears flow freely. “Hey, hey. It’ll be alright.” He whispered and took me into his arms, I hugged him tight as he let me cry into his chest. “You’ll be just fine, love. Ashley has an idea.” I blinked, lifting my head up. “What is it?” He sucked in a deep breath and let his hands fall from me. “You should get cleaned up and meet me outside.” He breathed and turned walking out of the room. I bit my lip and moved to walk into the bathroom.  

I made a face at my reflection my hair was messed up, probably from Ben earlier and my eyes were red. I sighed and grabbed a few tissues in an attempt to fix my face a bit. I gave up after a few tries and walked back into the room and out into the hallway. There, Danny, Ashley and Ben stood waiting for me. I bit my lip as Ben looked over to me apologetically, Ashley looked composed enough and Danny looked over to me in question. “Better?” He asked, I nodded. “Ok, Ashley, floors all yours.” Ashley nodded, and took a few steps towards me. I leaned against the door and folded my arms across my chest. “I was thinking that maybe you miss Andy a lot more than you let on. Maybe you should go home for a bit spend some time with Andy?” I held back a sigh, “I just got here.” He nodded, “I know but maybe you could use some more time with him. Get your mind off of..” Ashley glanced back at Ben who glared in return. “Off of things.” I looked away and sighed heavily, “I’m not saying you need to leave college you should just come home this weekend.” He shrugged, “we all miss you and most importantly Andy misses you.” I bit my lip and looked up at Ashley and then Ben, Danny was also watching me. I nodded in agreement. “Ok, I guess that’ll be fine.”

“Good, I don’t want to have to kill Ben but I will if I have to.” Ashley said, glaring back at Ben. Ben rolled his eyes, “calm down, Purdy, we didn’t fuck.”

“No but you were almost there.”

“Oh my fucking gosh, calm down.” I spoke up. “Hey?” A voice called and we all looked over to see Kingston walking up with some girl. “You ok, Aly?” He asked. “Who the fuck is that?” Ashley asked, “no one just Fanboy.” Ben said, leaning against the wall. “Has he been making passes at you too?” Ashley asked his voice getting higher. I rolled my eyes, “he’s only a friend.”

“I’m fine, Kingston.” I finally spoke, he nodded and continued to drag the girl inside who stared all too hard at Ben, Danny and Ashley. She squinted her eyes and held onto the doorframe when Kingston tried to get her inside. “Hey, who are you guys?” She yelled and I glared at her. Another fan, “I’m Ben Bruce.”

“Danny Worsnop.” Danny said with a wave. “I’m Ashley Purdy, ma’am.” Ash said with a smirk. She screamed a fucking blood murder. “OH MY FUCKING GOD!” I covered my ears and gritted my teeth.

“Oh my gosh Kingston! You didn’t say you were friends with Asking Alexandria and Bvb!!”

“Oh he’s not.” Ben said. “He’s friends with me.” I rolled my eyes. “Oh you must be Miss Purdy, he talks about you a lot.” She said, voice high pitched and chipper. Kingston blushed and the girl ran over to us. “Can I get your autographs!? I love your bands!!”

“Sure you can.” Danny said and walked back into the dorm. “Kingston you don’t like Aly do you?” Ben asked, raising an eyebrow. Kingston’s eyes widened, “knock on the door when you want in, Luci.” He said and disappeared into his room. Danny soon came back with a pen and Luci held out her arm. “You know it’s going to wash off right.” Ben said, looking at the little dark haired girl, she looked to be about 18. Must be one of Kingston’s friends. “Don’t worry, I’ll never wash this arm.” She smiled up at him. Danny laughed, “I’ve brought a piece of paper, you should always take showers.” Luci giggled and they all signed the paper. I stood there and watched, bored. “You should sign it too.” Luci said, turning to me. I raised an eyebrow, “me?”

“You’re famous too, Alexandria.” Ben said, rolling his eyes. I rolled mine back and took the pen from him and signed right next to Ash’s Purdy star. “Thank you so much.” Luci said and walked over to Kingston’s door. “You down for this weekend?” Ashley asked, turning to me. I nodded, “I said yes, didn’t I?” Ash sighed and pulled me into a tight hug. “No more.. cheating, Aly.” He whispered. I swallowed and hugged back. “And don’t touch my sister, Ben. I don’t want to lie to Biersack.. he’d die if he found out Aly was cheating and Ben was who it was with.” Ben nodded, sighing. I nodded, also almost to tears again. My poor batman. “I’ll come get you Friday after classes, be packed, Aly.”

“Alright.”

“Well I didn’t get to hang out with you but I’m sure we’ll make up for it this weekend, lest Biersack keep you the whole time.” Ashley said as he began walking back and Danny followed. I blushed lightly and Ben headed back into the room an annoyed look on his face. “Good-bye, Purdyboy..” I said rolling my eyes and followed Ben inside.

“Are you really going to follow, Purdy’s orders?” Ben asked once I closed the door. I bit my lip and nodded, “yes.. Ben I’m with Andy. We just can’t be together.” Ben closed his eyes and sighed, “but these are my goddamn hands.. Purdy can’t tell me what to fucking do.”

“No he can’t but, what about me? Ben please try to behave.. I.. I do feel something for you but I want Andy more.” I bit my tongue on that lie and walked over to my bunk. Ben sighed, “do you?”

He was laying in Danny’s bed now and his arm was placed over his eyes. “Yes, I do.”

“So you admit that you like me?” Ben, smirked up at me. I blushed and looked away. “Whatever, you like me to, but it won’t work so stop.” Ben sat up, ducking his head so he wouldn’t hit it and moved to walk over to me. “How do you know it won’t work?” He demanded, looking me right in the eyes. I blushed, “Ben..” I shook my head and pushed against his chest. “Well, you run away to your batman and contemplate why it won’t work. But I’m sure that’ll be quite frustrating..” He trailed off. “Why?” I raised an eyebrow, “because I’m not letting you leave without letting you know how much it will work.” His lips were on mine then and I kissed back, running my hands through his hair. He began climbing into my bunk then and held me close, kissing me deeply and passionately and soon pulled me under the covers with him. So much for following Ashley’s orders.