Chapter 6: If You Can't Ride Two Horses At Once Get Out Of The Circus

((((Might be a little long.. but bare with me it only gets better from here. ;) Vote. Comment. Thanks for the great feedback. c: )))))

Alexandria’s POV

I got up like normal and went to Guitar class with Ben by my side. “Hey, how was everything? You take Averie back home?” I asked as we walked into the classroom. “Her friend came and got her.” He said, sitting down. He didn’t even look at me, he just stared straight ahead and took out his binder for notes. I scratched my head and turned towards the front of the class. He was quiet the whole time and didn’t say another word. I bit my lip and struggled not to show any emotion. But I was being ignored by the one person I needed.. I stopped the thought before I finished it. No you can’t do this anymore, you have to stop liking Ben. You have Andy. You need Andy not Ben.

In Vocals, Danny sat next to me as usual. “Morning.” I smiled over at him, “Hey, how was your night?”

“It was decent, yours?”

“Just rehearsed with Kingston.” I shrugged and turned to the professor. Gosh everything was so weird today. This has to be the first day, we’ve ever paid attention in this class. Danny didn’t press for anymore information which I was glad of and the class flew by.

Drama was quick as we a pop quiz on the main idea of the play we were doing and we learned about props and makeups today. I remained quiet and engrossed in the lesson again. “Hey, you ok?” Kingston asked, I nodded. “Of course.”

At lunch, I sat next to Danny and Kingston on my other side, while Ben sat far away from me next to Danny. A few more people joined our table and Ben struck up a conversation with them. “Who are they?” I asked, watching him closely. Danny shrugged, “I don’t know, I seriously think he’s just met them today.” Danny turned to his food and continued eating. I watched as some girl sat on the other side of Ben and constantly touched him, smiling and flirting. Laughing at whatever he was saying. I bit my lip and began finishing my food. “Hey are you all ok?” Kingston asked. I nodded, “why wouldn’t we be, mate?” Danny asked. Ben didn’t answer just kept talking to that girl. She looked like a cheerleader. I gritted my teeth, he never once looked at me. I began stabbing my food with my fork and glancing at them, oh now they were exchanging numbers. I hadn’t noticed my hand around my cup as I was about to take a sip and my fingers tore through the Styrofoam. Tea split out into my hand and onto the table. “Fuck, Aly.” Danny said as a bit spilled over to his plate. “Sorry.” I whispered and at that Ben got up as did his other friends and the girl and walked away. My mouth hung open as I got up to get napkins and clean up the mess. I closed it quickly and cleaned up the spill. I bit the inside of my cheek and tried not to feel the hurt in my chest as he disappeared.

I took my last class to spill out my feelings onto the paper. I didn’t paint anything specific but struggled not to cry as I splattered, colors or blue, black and red. I couldn’t take it towards the end and just walked out, Mrs. Knight calling my name but I didn’t care I just hurried back to the dorm to pack. I’m sure Ashley would be here any second.

I walked in and took out my suitcase and grabbed some clothes for the weekend and my toiletries. I then proceeded to get into the shower and put on a fresh outfit.

Why was Ben being so fucking mean to me today? He was ignoring me for no reason and damn did it hurt. I broke into sobs in the shower, gasping for breath. I bit my lip and tried to calm myself. I can’t look this horrible when Ashley comes to get me or when I see Andy. Yes, Andy. When I see him the hurt should be gone, the whole in my heart will be filled. I sucked in a deep breath and stepped out of the shower to get ready.  

An hour later, Ben and Danny showed up at the room with Ashley in tow. I forced a smile upon seeing him and Ben also seemed to smile falsely. “Hey, Aly.” Ashley said, taking me into a hug. “Hello, Ashley!” I yelled as his grip got tighter around me, I hit him away as I stepped back from his iron embrace. I rolled my eyes as he laughed. “Ready to go?” I nodded and he grabbed my bags. “So you guys are playing, Saturday and Sunday night?” Danny nodded, “yeah, we’re actually leaving in a few, they were supposed to be here earlier but they got held up.” Danny rolled his eyes. “Probably by some bitch in the back of the bus.” Ben laughed. “Well, we might come see you play.” I blinked, surprised Ashley would say something like that. “Cool.” Danny said as we walked out to Ash’s car. “It’ll be nice hanging out with Black Veil Brides again.” Ashley laughed, “Catch a few beers.”