Shimmy- Chapter Eight

Gabriella

Hot Waves is celebrating its first anniversary tonight. As part of their celebrations, there is live music. A local band is now playing, which means that Ty is taking a break. I was winding down into a long beeline of women, when strong arms jolt me with a sudden thrust, pushing me to the cold and dark wall in a secluded area at the end of the hallway. The dark walls are illuminated by the scattered neon blue and pink lights on the ceiling.

The muscle wall feels very familiar, as its intoxicating smell and enrapturing warmth. I'm scared, but not of the man holding me. I'm scared of his ability to cloud my common sense. It's frightening how much I enjoy the feel when our bodies are so close. I wonder how long will it take for him to feel the raging fire spreading inside me.

He came after me ...

I shouldn't feel hope, but there it is. A little spark of hope ignited with desire. I crave the taste of his mouth and his disarming touch. I should hate him, but I'm hopeless ... and helpless. Instead, all I want is to be consumed by him.

"I tried to keep my distance. I did, for a while, but I can't stay away anymore." He caresses tenderly my face, tracing his fingertip across my neck.

"You're trembling. You're breathing faster. I can even feel your heart beat. I can see the internal battle in your eyes. You want to fight this, but you can't, can you? You can't because deep inside you know you miss this as much as I do. Look at me. Look at me and tell me you don't. Tell me that you don't want me to kiss you and I won't."

His low but commanding voice takes me to a time when I wanted more of him. With him. I immediately became addicted to his touch, his kisses ... He's right. I wish everything was different, but this is wrong. Who knew I'd be indebted to Ivy for not letting me make the worst mistake of my life?

She was all I needed to remember to want to get away from him before doing something stupid that I'd regret later. I've been in this position before, and it only leads to emptiness and sorrow.

"Let me go!" I start desperately pushing and hitting as hard as I can the man who's keeping me captive in his sweet and torturous confinement. He barely moves.

"I want you to let me go. Go with Ivy and stay the hell away from me! You are a narcissist bastard who thinks that all the women will throw themselves at your feet. Well, I have news for you! Not interested."

Nick's puzzled look tells me he wasn't expecting to see that the quiet and shy Gabriella that he met five years ago was gone. She isn't the same woman he has in his arms right now. When he starts speaking to me again, he doesn't look confused anymore. He's staring at me defiantly.

"What happened, Gabby? You turned into a hypocrite after all these years?"

I mutter a curse, aggravated while staring at the pair of dangerous blue-ocean eyes. "A hypocrite? What do you want me to tell you? That I'm dying for you to kiss me? You truly are a narcissist bastard. Over. My. Dead. Body. Is that clear enough for you? I'm not interested in you. Sorry if I bruised your gigantic ego."

He starts laughing really loud, but his anger is boiling. He's starting to lose his patience with me.

"Narcissist bastard? Yes, I'm a narcissist bastard who doesn't care about anyone else's feelings if you are involved. A narcissist bastard who craves to touch your skin, to kiss your mouth, and to get lost in those eyes. Can you have the courage to admit that you feel the same way or did you not only turned into a hypocrite, but also a coward?"

His words are affecting me, stumbling my protective walls. I'm completely overwhelmed. If he can see beyond my anger and disappointment in him, I won't be able to win the war inside me. Logic and reason versus want and need. Our heavy breaths are synchronized in an erotic rhythm that is driving us insane. I immediately realize that it's a mistake to gaze too long into the depth of his eyes.