Chapter Twelve

Please Comment and tell me what you think!
Nicole sits at her lab table eating a quick dinner it had passed 2 weeks since the beginning of Benjamin's transformation and he was still unconscious, but Nicole believes the time had come to wake him up so she could could watch him test out the wings now attached to his back. She hoped he wasn't in severe pain because she couldn't give him pain medication right now.

...................

I slowly began to feel the world again I forgo where In at. Laying there for a minute I use all my senses to feel around me without moving. There was someone else in the room I could feel there breathing. I was probably laying next face down on a table or something but there was something so heavy laying on my back, it wasn't just laying there I could feel something was in my body that wasn't normal like extra bones attached to my back bone.
That's when it came back to me, I now can't believe I did something so stupid. I try to move but it feels like I'm strapped down to a Rolet a recent invention of my fathers.
I groan in frustration as a cool hand lands on my arm "Ben it's alright it's me Nicole remember? I'm going to turn this chair around just don't do anything stupid I don't know what condition you're in."
I feel her do as she says and the chair turns around. I open my eyes to see her angle like face staring at me taking me in as I was taking her in as well.
"Ben do you hurt anywhere?" She ask looking over my body which I felt awkward about cause I was practicing naked lying on this Roler. "I'm really sore," I say bringing her eyes back to my face.
"Ok that's a good sign! Can you see if you can move your wings at all just think them as a extended part of your body."
I do as she says feeling the new nerves I have and move them I can feel the fluttering of my wings. My wings!  I for real have wings! "When can I get out and try them out?" I ask getting excited"
Nicole seems to ro senses change in attitude "The present is always the best time to do anything." She says smiling unhooking my restraints. I kinda slump out of the Roler my wings dragging against the floor. "These things are huge!" I say excitedly. "They were created to fit you exactly the way you body's shaped. Now follow me to the experiment rink, it's where we send all the uh experimented people to test for the first time."
Ben follows Nicole as she leads the way out of the room. He has a hand on the wall as he walks trying to get used to the new weight on his back. Nicole reaches out and puts his arm around her. "sorry but you're about to run out of wall." He gives her a grateful look and they make their way slowly toward the Rink.
She was right he thought as they ran out of wall and the room opened up to a huge round room. Ben squinted his eyes for the first couple of seconds because of the bright lights in there.
Nicole brings him to the middle of the room and lifts his arm off her and and watches him sway back and forth getting balance. "Ok so let's see you fly Mr. Flin."
Ben nods and stretches out his new muscles now attached to his back and flexes a them up and down. He can feel the lightness of them. The way they could easily lift him off the ground in seconds if he pushed hard enough.
Ben flaps his wings once then twice and with a hard third flap he doesn't feel the ground anymore. He looks down and sees the ground a couple feet below him. "I'm flying!" "Yes you are Sir but keep focused on you're wings you need to flap to keep flying!" Nicole says stepping away.
Ben flaps again loving the feel of weightlessness he was so happy he decided to choose this now.

...............

Nicole watched as Ben flew around the room getting better with each lap. She was so happy it came out right. She just had to report to Mr. Frank Flin, Bens father soon after a week or two of flying so Ben would be ready to be on the front page of the press as the worlds first willing mutant.