Chapter 8

Maddie's POV

I always wake up before the sun rises, I don't even know why. When I sat up Dylan was making coffee. Yes we have electricity and I don't know why either. "Did you get any sleep?" I asked making Dylan jump. I laughed a little. "Yeah just a few hours though" He replied. We waited for the coffee to get done by playing I spy.

Once the coffee was done we sat in silence drinking it. It wasn't an awkward silence, I don't think, I'm not good with these types of things what I'm saying is that it was awkward silence for me but I don't know about him.

"It's gonna be hard clearing a level by yourself" He said referring to the plan I made. We clear a level by ourselves and then check all of the rooms for supplies. "I know but we'll get it done faster" I replied. He nodded and we went upstairs. I cleared my level fast but there wasn't alot of walkers. It was quiet upstairs I was kinda worried but didn't think much about it.

I went into the first room and made sure it was clear. It was. I then looked out the window. Georgia was a beautiful place. I sighed and began looking around for anything useful. I found nothing useful. I found an empty closet. There was no food anywhere. I found the game monopoly under the bed. There's nothing useful in here.

I went to the next room. I opened the door to see about 10 walkers. I closed it quickly but quietly so they wouldn't notice. I went back to the room I was in before and started drawing what I saw out the window. I saw stores, a beautiful sun rise, and walkers but I didn't draw the walkers.

I heard a Dylan scream and I heard a something hit the floor. I put my notebook down and ran for the door only to fall and go into complete darkness.