Chapter 9

Maddie's POV

I was sitting by the tree alone. "Noooo!" I screamed. "Calm down" T-Dog said. "I love him!" I screamed. "We don't always bring you here because something bad is happening" Lori said walking closer to me. "What?" I asked kinda confused. "We brought you here to make you realize that you love him" My mother replied. I turned my head not being able to look at them anymore. "Can I go now?" I asked. They nodded.

I woke up and ran out the door.

I ran upstairs to see dead walkers everywhere. "Dylan?" I whisper yelled. "Maddie, in here" He whisper yelled back. I walked in the to see a little girl sitting on a couch in front of Dylan. "Who's this?" I asked. "My name is Maria Espinoza" She replied. "I lost my mother Rosita a month ago" She said looking around. "I lost my mother too. What happened to her?" I asked curious. "I don't know she told me she'd be back when the world is back to normal" Maria replied. "What?" I asked confused. "A man named Eugene came here with another man named Abraham and my mother told me to stay here because she was going to Washington to save the world. The man name Eugene knew what caused all of this" She replied. I nodded shocked.

"I think we should go back downstairs" I said standing up. Maria grabbed her bag and put clothes in it. She grabbed a doll and we walked out the door together.

Once we got back to the room we were staying in I pulled Dylan into the hallway. "So I passed out earlier" I said trying to start a conversation. "What!? What happened?" He asked. "I heard you scream and I heard something fall and I guess I got scared that I'd lost you so I passed out" I replied. "It was just the walker that fell" He said reassuring he was okay. "What I'm trying to say is I think I love you" I blurted out. He stood there shocked before kissing me. The kiss was short but it was amazing and it gave me butterfly's. 

______________________________

What do you think about Maria?

Maria is 6 years old and has lived on her own for a month now. Omg!

Would you be able to do that at the age of 6?