Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Beep! Beep! Beep! Oh, shut up already! I smacked my hand around my nightstand until I found my alarm clock and smash my hand on the stupid silence button. I was so not ready for the day, but I knew I had to get out of bed anyways.

I pushed my body up into a sitting position and slid myself out of bed. I walked over to my bathroom and turned on my shower. While it was heating up, I walked into my closet and grabbed my clothes for today; a pair of baggy, camo cargo pants, a large black shirt that read '98', a pair of black and blue sneakers and a black beanie (Pic).

I walked back into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I rubbed my body dry and got dressed for the day. I walked over to my dresser and picked up my my three necklaces and put them on; two were pendants and one was a crystal. I looked up at the mirror and spun my heart earring in my left ear because it was upside down, and the chain part was attached to my right ear. I pulled my beanie over my short, blonde hair.

I grabbed my black satchel bag off the ground, next to my dresser, and slowly walked down the stairs. Nobody was downstairs, so I didn't have to worry about bumping into anybody. Mom was probably at work right about now, and my dad was still asleep.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bread off of the counter. I opened the packaging and pulled out three pieces and put them in the toaster. While they were toasting, I friend up some eggs. After both the eggs and toast was done, I put all of the eggs and two of the three pieces of toast on the plate and set it on the table. I ate the third piece of toast as I climbed the stairs, up to my father's room. 

I knocked on his door and said, "Breakfast is ready." I turned and went back down the stairs.

I just opened the front door when I heard his bedroom door slam open. He roared his normal drunken roar and I heard his loud footsteps quickly descend the stairs, almost as if he was running down them. Before he made it down the stairs, I slammed the front door shut and started running towards school.

Once I was far enough away from him, I started to walk instead of run. I pulled out my iPhone and headphones and I clicked 'Shuffle' and started listening to music. I'm Not Okay [I Promise] by My Chemical Romance was the first song that started playing. I smiled as I continued to make my way to high school.

When I got to the school gates, the song Bully by Shinedown came on and I snorted. I was about to turn around and leave the school premises, but when I saw a teacher had spotted and started waving me in, I sighed and trudged towards the doors.

I somehow made it to my locker without any trouble, but I knew the peace wasn't going to last very long. As if on some sort of cue, one of my many tormentor's voice came drifting in my ears, over my music.

"Kaylee! I thought I smelled you!" Michael Brocke yelled, walking towards me. I groaned, not wanting to deal with this man-child. I turned and walked away from him, heading towards my first period class. My first period classroom was just down the hall, close to my locker, so I was going to have an easier time escaping Michael.

I glanced back to see Michael closing in on me, so I started running through the swarms of people to get to my classroom. I made it to my classroom in time, right before Michael caught up with me. I was already walking towards my seat in the back of the class when Michael appeared in the doorway.

Michael may of been an athlete, but his build and height is so much bigger than mine, it was harder for him to weave between people. While I'm a 5'2 girl with a curvy build, Michael is a 5'8 football player who is build like a tank.

There were still people who made fun of me in my first period, but they were a lot easier to ignore than Michael, mostly because he likes to get close to me as he torments me. But, while I may have left the Devil behind, I still had Hell's bitches waiting for me inside.

"Look! It's Barferella!" Whitney said, laughing. I rolled my eyes and kept walking, trying to pay attention to my music more than them, but during my run, one of my earbuds had fallen out, so I had one ear open.

"Where does she even get her clothes? Off the side of the road?" Cher said. I sighed and looked at her.

"Where do you get your clothes?" I snapped. "Out of the dumpster behind the strip club, or do they let you wear you 'work' clothes home?" She gasped and brought her pink cat claws up to her mouth in shock, and some of the other student's snickered at my comment.

I sat down in my seat and slipped my one earbud back in. The song changed into Roses by James Arthur and Emeli Sande. I mostly ignored everything that went on around me. I pulled out my notebook and started to writing more of my short stories. I loved to write stories, but I have a really bad habit of either quitting in the middle of them or giving everything away too early, so I normally stick to short stories. (Literally me).

I got so lost in my story, I almost didn't notice the bell ring. Key word, almost. The screeching sound that blared out of the sound system could wake up someone who was in a coma, so it was hard to miss it.

I sighed as I closed my notebook and put it away. I got up and out of my seat, walking to my new class, to ignore another teacher and write more in my notebook. I didn't know why the teacher's even gave lessons anymore, the school now had everything online, even the class notes, and most of the student's ignored them too.

Today, school was just like every other horrible, miserable, soul-sucking day. And it was the just the beginning of my day.