Chapter 3

This song matches the chapter too lol. P.S. Going Left to Right, it goes Asher & Archer, Hayden, Lance and Nash. And I forgot to ask before, but who do you guys wish Kaylee to end up with? Hayden? Nash? The twins? Lance? 

Chapter 3

I walked to the diner after I left the band of misfits behind. My arm was still bleeding and I gripped the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. I looked at it on the walk over and saw it wasn't very deep, but it was a longer cut; it went from the back of my shoulder to the front part of my upper arm.

I walked into the diner and saw Walker pacing around, talking on the phone. "Yes! I know, but - Lee!" he yelled, hanging up on what I guess was the police. Walker ran to me and hugged me tightly. I gasped, but I didn't say anything to my cousin because he was going to figure it out soon.

Walker pulled away from me and started to overlook my body for any wounds or bruises. "Are you okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?" he asked. I snorted and he finally found the cut on my arm. His eyes widened and he whispered, 'Blood' before fainting. I swear sometimes Walker could be such a girl.

I sighed and dragged my cousin to the back room of the diner. Nobody really looked at me weirdly here because all the regulars that came around about this time knew both me and Walker, and they were sort of used to our behaviors.

"Hello, Lee." an older woman's voice called. I turned back and saw Mrs. Grace sitting at the counter with her normal coffee in front of her. She always liked it with two sugars and a dash of milk.

"Oh, hi Mrs. Grace." I said, politely smiling to the older woman.

"Do you need my help?" she asked, pointing to my wound. I smiled and shook my head. Mrs. Grace is a nurse that works over in the hospital and she has worked there for about twenty years now, so she had a lot of experiences. She was also the one who taught me a lot of first aid knowledge and this was a simple fix.

"No, thank you, I'm fine. It's just a light cut, nothing serious." I said, smiling. I was finally able to drag Walker's two hundred pound body into the back room. I dragged him over to the bed and was able to push his upper hald onto the bed, but I gave up after that. He was too heavy, mostly due to his muscle mass, and with a arm injury, it was hard to lift stuff.

I walked over to the sink and started the water to get it warm. I walked over to the desk and pulled out the first-aid kid out of the drawer. I walked over to the sink and took off my shirt, not wanting to get it wet. I brought my wound under the water to clean it. It stung, but I cleaned it thoroughly with soap and water.

I poured some peroxide on it just to make sure it was clean before patting it dry with a black towel. I rummaged through the first-aid for the skin glue Mrs. Grace had given to us not too long ago. Around this time, Walker finally woke up.

"Good, you're up." I said. He rubbed his head. "Keep your eyes closed and helped me with my wound."

"What?!?" he said. "I don't know about this." I rolled my eyes and sat in front of my cousin.

"It's not bleeding anymore and I need someone to hold the wound closed, so I can glue it shut." I said. Walker groaned, but followed my instructions on what he had to do, so I can properly glue my wound closed.

After everything was all said and done, I picked up everything and took care. "How long was I passed out?" Walker asked, stretching his body out.

"About ten minutes, give or take." I said. I glared at my cousin now. "And you better be paying me good money for saving you. I even got an injury from it."

Walker rubbed the back of his neck and looked away, not really caring anymore. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." he said, in a monotone voice. "Thanks for saving me... Again." I rolled my eyes and walked over to my cousin, pushing his backwards onto the bed. I grabbed another towel and wetted it before cleaning the blood off of his face.

I looked at the wound and he had a small puncture wound at the side of his forehead, almost blending in to his hairline. It wasn't deep and stopped bleeding already. I grabbed a Band-Aid and put it on the wound. Then, I smacked it.

"Ow!" he yelled, pulling his head away from me. "What the hell, man!"

"That was for running away. I know I told you to go and everything, but still! You leave a girl to fight your battles?" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. Walker snorted.

"You can take care of yourself, and plus, when I got here, I called the cops for you. They should be heading there right about now." he said, smiling like that would make up for him actually ditching me alone with two random guys.

"Please, they would have killed me and buried my body under the mountains of garbage inside the dumpster before the cops would have even showed up!" I said and Walker nodded.

"True, but at least they would have found your body sooner rather than later." he said and I punched my cousin in the arm. "Ow! I actually deserved that one."

"Yeah, you did." I said, crossing my arms again. I walked out of the office and Walker followed closely behind me. Mrs. Grace looked over at us as exited and smiled at us.

"All better now, sweetie?" she asked and I nodded to the woman.

"Yes, we're fine now." I answered, politely.

"Yeah, and Lee will be right with you to get your order." Walker said, behind me. I turned around and glared up at my taller cousin. I knew this would happen from the beginning, but he wasted no time today.

"Please, Lee." he begged me. "The waitress who was supposed to be working today went into early labor and can't come in."

"I thought she wasn't due for another month." I said, surprised.

"Yeah, well, the baby obviously wasn't willing to be that patient." Walker joked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the notepad he had pulled out from his apron. I turned around and walked over to Mrs. Grace and smiled at the older woman.

"How may I help you today?" I asked. Literally, the only people in this God-forsaken town who actually liked me were the people who were currently in this diner right now, and they were all senior-citizens, and they all came here religiously, my cousin, Walker, and the kitchen staff, Robert and George, but they tolerated me. They didn't care for my mouth when they tried hitting on me, and George grabbed my butt, so I ripped him a new one, and they just didn't care about me much after words.