Chapter 2

I think this song goes perfectly with how Kaylee will act in this chapter. Your thoughts?

Chapter 2

I was currently walking around town because I honestly didn't want to go home right now. I was walking towards my older cousin's diner to hang out for a little while. I normally work there, but today was my first day off in weeks.

Knowing my older cousin, Walker, he'll get me to work today too, not that I entirely mind working there. Walker pays me under the table most of the time, especially if I go over hours and he doesn't want anyone to know about it.

I heard some crashing noises coming from the alleyway ahead of me. It would have been smarter to just keep my head down and not look, but I peered down the alleyway and saw a group of men beating on one guy. Not a fair fight, but I was only a little girl, what could I do.

I kept walking, not wanting to get into their stupid fight, when I heard Walker's voice. "I don't have your fucking money!" he bellowed. My foot stopped in mid-air and I sighed. I spun around and walked back to the alleyway where I recognized my older cousin sitting on the ground and three men in front of him.

From where I was standing, I could see blood streaming down the side of his head, and bruises already forming on his face. I panicked for a moment and searched for a weapon, something to distract them from my cousin, so he could run away. I saw a lead pipe laying not to far from me.

I quickly, and quietly, grabbed the pipe, which was actually a lot heavier than it looked, and walked towards the group of men. Walker's eyes glanced at me before glaring at the main man. He probably realized what I was doing and didn't want to get me caught. This actually isn't the first time this has happened.

I walked behind the person that was closest to me, and I raised the pipe as high as I could. I held it for a moment and swung it down on the guys head. The guy wasn't that much taller than me, so I was able to land a decent hit on him. The man dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes, unconscious.

It was then that everyone looked at me. I gave them a small smile and dropped the pipe. "Oops." I said and turn and ran. The other sidekick chased after me and just as I reached the sidewalk, the guy grabbed me and pulled me back into the alleyway. I screamed as loud as I could and struggled against the man that was holding me, but he didn't let me go.

He dragged me back to the other guy and Walker and threw me on top of my cousin. Walker cradled me against him, more for his sake than mine. The boss guy leaned over and grabbed me by the front of my hair, pulling my head back, forcing me to look him in the eye.

I glared up at the man and he smirked down at me. "What do we have here?" he asked. "Are you his woman?" I snorted.

"Hardly." I snapped at him. "Unlike your mom, I don't do incest." This earned me a slap across the face.

"Siblings?" the boss guy asked.

"Cousins." Walker answered quietly. The guy smiled again.

"Ah, well, Walker's cousin, you knocked out one of my guys." he said, pointing to the unconscious body of his teammate. My gut was starting to feel uneasy. "So you need to pay off your own debt."

Without warning, he punched me square in the face. I could tell this man wasn't holding back and I concluded that this man might kill me now. I landed in my cousin's lap again due to the punch. I spit out some blood and glared up at the man. The man grabbed me by the front of my hair again, pulling me off Walker's lap and back up into a sitting position.