Can't Let Go (1) (Russell)

Rb: EllieClapp & WindOfFreedom_
><><><><><><><><><><><><><
- Imagine: Heist after heist, the group took and left without a scratch. Russel and the group run into a problem, resulting in Y/N, Russel's wife to help them out.  Something happens and leaves Y/N wondering. Why happened to Russel?

Running around the room, I grabbed whatever clothes were left lying around and shoved them into the duffel occupying the corner of the room.

"One, two three, four..." I trailed off, scrambling to find the last shirt I needed. My mind completely blanking out, I stopped for a moment, re-tracing my steps. Just as I thought, I checked under the duffel to find the last shirt. Last minute, I tossed whatever else I thought would be necessary into the bag. Zipping up all of the pouches, I threw it over my shoulder, snatched my keys off of the dresser and quickly jotted down the stairs.

There was no elevator in this godforsaken apartment building, and living on the seventh floor was always a pain to get to. But being high up also had its perks. Stray bullets from any local fights wouldn't reach the windows and no one is stupid enough to waste their time climbing seven flights of stairs just to break into someone's house. That is, unless they had a motive.

I hopped into the drivers seat and threw the duffel into the passengers side. Placing my hands on the steering wheel and taking a deep breath, I mumbled to myself before taking off down the street, going as fast as I could without getting caught.

All over the radio were police reports and newscasters talking of a massive bank robbery, along with an all out shooting on an overpass. Saying how several were gunned down and many were severely injured. I clenched the steering wheel and took a deep sigh. Stepping on the gas a little more than the last before I was straight up barreling down the road. Watching as cop cars and lights sped off in the other direction, and the blaring sound of ambulances following close behind.

I glanced down to see my phones' screen lighting up, indicating I had a call coming through. The picture that took up the background was the last person I wanted on my mind right now. After hesitating over the first four rings, I picked up on the fifth.

"What!" I snapped to the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm in my way now." Every second this call drones on made me more and more anxious.
"Yes, I'm fine okay! I'll be there in a second!"

The constant talking caused me to hold the phone away from my ear, all of it being constant repetition anyways.

"Okay! Yeah, bye!" I said. Before I hung up I heard a faint voice from the other side of the phone.
"I love you too, okay?"

"Bye" I said, practically ready to throw my phone in the back and forget about it.

Two miles and several turns later, I pulled over under an overpass to see all of them taking, two ready to rip their heads off, and the rest patiently listening.

I reached over and grabbed the duffel. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the car with the bag thrown over my shoulder. They were still preoccupied with each other, bickering and snapping like animals.  Slamming the car door. I stood and watched as all five stared back at me with both shock and relief.

"There she is!" Gabe said running over, followed by the other four. "How's my favorite sister-in-law?"

"You mean your only sister-in-law?"

"yeah, my favorite." Gabe said, acting cocky.

Marcus gave me a side hug and took the bag while Rodriguez,  and Michael followed behind. They all huddled around the duffel, ripping the clothes out as if it was Christmas morning.