Strangers (1) (Norman)

The blinding lights hanging overhead nearly blinded me upon entering the store.  The dark dreary weather outside also didn't prepare me for the freezing temperatures I'd endure walking around Target.

So here I am, trudging in my soaked sneakers along with an oversized sweatshirt being weighed down due to the overwhelming amount of water that it soaked up. To top it all off, a pair of jeans that I'm pretty sure are glued to me from now on thanks to all the rain.

I figured that I might as well stick around for a little bit, at least until the monsoon outside starts to calm down.

Every aisle displayed different festive products for this time of year, and the next holiday at least three months into the year. The cozy blankets and inviting atmosphere of the holiday decorations only made me want to be at home in my own bed even more than before.

As much as I love Target, shuffling around in cold, damp clothing with makeup running just below my eyes was not something I favored.

After walking around for a little longer my eyes met with the endless shelves of toys. Every time Target becomes a priority, I make visiting the toy aisles a priority as well.  I am fully aware that I'm a grown woman with no kids of her own, but my childlike nature still has that overwhelming urge to sneak a peek at what's latest in the toy department.

It was all generic products that were showcased on television claiming to be the "hot new toy of the year!" Some dolls and toy cars along with the occasional Disney princesses and Marvel characters thrown in the mix. The bright pink and purple aisles taking up all the vibrant colors for the whole store and then some.  Meanwhile the boys aisle casted normal colors and blended with the other aisles.

I glanced down the end of a row to the electronics and gained another rush of excitement. Quickly cutting through one of the boys' aisles to make reaching the video games and movies seemed like a good idea at first, but I thought wrong.

Just as I almost made it out of the aisle I stopped in my tracks and looked to the side to see Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Supernatural merchandise mixed all together on the clearance aisle. Why items like this weren't displayed for all to see I'll never know.

Walter White action figures and several Jessie pinkman funko pops as well as a toy version of Sam and Deans' impala and many other shirts and keychains were tossed about. It all seemed relative until I noticed the shelf below.

Walking dead funko pops, shot glasses, keychains, t-shirts, action figures and more lines the shelf. I bent down on my knees until I was eye level with the different knick-knacks and merchandise.

I glimpsed over seeing a Daryl action figure isolated to the side with a set of kitchen towels and a small box of Halloween candy, as if someone thought about getting it but ultimately ditched it along with other items they decided against.

Gripping the box and examining all its' features I couldn't help but laugh to myself. "Hilarious" I mumbled under my breath before standing back up and lightly tossing it into the mass fandom hoard. A loud clattering sound was heard as the box made contact with the light metal shelving as well as other items there. With that, I made my way to the entertainment portion of the store.

It seemed like an hour or so before I managed to put the new DS system down. The game wasn't even that good, but damn I can't help the draw of a video game. I noticed the small boy behind me waiting impatiently for his turn. "Oh I'm sorry!" I said while quickly side stepping to let him give it a go. He nodded and latched onto the device within seconds, zoned out into his own little space.