Outcast (1) (Daryl-AU)

They walked side by side down the right aisle, laughing and screaming with every passing rumor they shared, their voices carrying all throughout the store.

She looked through the racks and skipped several articles of clothing in the process. The same pattern of shorts that covered the waist and not where it was supposed to and cropped sweatshirts littered the hangers. Deciding to give up, proving further searching to be hopeless, she stood on her toes and glanced around the shop in search for her friends.

"We're leaving, lets go." Hailey commented in a monotone voice as she passed by her. Suddenly the other half of the duo came from behind and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You alright?" Katelyn asked with a kind smile. She nodded in response and flashed a weak smile back.

Ever since she could remember, Hailey and Katelyn have been inseparable. What they had was a bond, but what she had with Katelyn was history.

Being the bond holding the two to the same party, Katelyn always invited her to social gatherings, but stuck by Hailey's side regardless the situation.

The classic third wheel as she called it. They lead the way ahead while she lurked behind, hoping not to get pushed off the path again.

She was very different from the two, they walked around in their white and black sneakers repping Victoria's Secret leggings and sweatshirts while she sported skinny jeans with converse and her brothers old hoodie.

Every now and then Katelyn would look back, making sure she was still there while all she earned from Hailey were glares and judgements stares.

But they were her friends, since it's all she knew.

-

"Two for Annabelle." Hailey said while placing her money on the counter. The lady working the box office gave a questioning glare, wondering if they were actually over the age limit, but gave the tickets regardless.

She was next in line, an older man calling her over to his line. She paid her ticket without trouble and caught up with her friends inside.

"Here!" Katelyn pointed to the seats towards the far back. Her and Hailey sat in the only two seats that were propped to the side, leaving her to sit behind them.

She passed the two and headed to her seat. Katelyn gave her a look of remorse while Hailey's smile grew half an inch.

Once the movie started, the only sounds that could be heard apart from the blood curdling screams jutting from the speakers were the sounds of Hailey and Katelyn's constant whispering and laughter here and there.

She glanced down upon hearing her name in the mix, Katelyn smacking her arm as a response.

She sunk into her seat and pulled the hood of her jacket over her head, isolating her from everything around her. Her eyes narrowed on the screen, watching children run frantic through the house being chased by a demon. It wasn't necessarily her choice in films, but it was somewhat entertaining to watch.

Thirty minutes later, she noticed Hailey and Katelyn stand up and begin to gather their belongings. She reached out and managed to snatch the side of Katelyn's jacket, confusion covering her face.

"Relax! We're just going to the bathroom." She replied with a smile. She trusted her and leaned back in her chair as she watched the two quickly fly down the stairs and around the corner out the door. She couldn't help but feel a small hint of doubt, but she pushed it down and turned her attention back to the screen.

In between jump scares she would look away from the movie and cover her ears to help dilute some of the loud sounds. As her eyes wandered, she caught someone staring back at her three rows ahead on the opposite side of the theater. She paused for a moment, steadying her sight to get a closer look, but before she could the stranger turned their focus back to the carnage taking place on the big screen.