Blind Not Deaf~1

Monday morning,  8'clock to be exact. Axel layed tangled up with the covers of his bed, snoozing the cares of life away. His mother, Mrs. Rodgers slowly entered Axel's room in a silk robe, fitting her body.

"Axel time to get up." She spoke but only earned a grunt from Axel as he turner over in his bed to get more comfortable. Mrs.Rodgers sighed and opened his blinds. She yanked the covers off of him, causing him to fall out being that he was tangled up in them.

"Oi, Mom!" Axel groans as he sits back on the bed, ruffling his bed hair.

"Don't Mom me Axel, you were suppose to be up an hour ago!" Axel flopped back down.

"I'm sorry okay. I was studying extra late last night." Axel said and Mrs.Rodgers huffed.

"Just go get ready for school. I'm already late for work." She walked out the room and Axel sighed.

Axel walked to his bathroom, rubbing his eyes furiously. Tears brimmed at his waterline as they burned like fire. They have been giving him trouble lately. He continued to rub while he showered.

His vision became blurry after he stepped out the shower "Hopefully these eye drops help." He mumble to himself and squeezed a drop in both eyes "That's better." He quickly brushed his teeth than rushed downstairs to his impatient mother.

"Come on Axel, we're running behind!" Both Axel and Mrs.Rodgers hurried to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They had arrived to the school. Axel kissed his mother's cheek and hurried inside.

There were two goals Axel needed to achieve that day. One; Pass his finals and two; Win the final game of the session. He knew he could pass his finals, it's the game that worried him. What if his eyes started bothering him again? Axel couldn't let his team down.

'Maybe they'd hold off until then.' He thought. Axel has worked so hard to get where he is and it would be disappointing to see all his effort wash down the drain.

"Glad you could join us Mr.Rodgers, we were just about to get the test started." Axel walked to his desk and stared down at his test.

This was it. He had studied for this.

"You may listen to music while you test." Mr. Davidson set the timer and sat behind his desk. Popping his earbuds in, Axel began to answer each question.

Axel hand came to his eye and rubbed gently, forgetting they were irritated. He hissed fairly loud. 

"Are you alright Mr.Rodgers?" Axel covered his eyes, hoping the burning feeling would go away. 

"Yeah my eyes, they just hurt a little." He said.

"Do you need to see the nurse?" He shook his head and fished his pocket for eye drops. Mr.Davidson looked at Axel and slowly pulled his hands away from his eyes.

"Your eyes look very irritated Axel, please go and see the nurse." Mr.Davidson practically begged. 

"What about my test?" Axel asked.

"Let me worry about that, you just get to the nurse." Axel nodded and headed to the office.

With Axel's vision being blurry, he was surprised he made it to the office.

"What can I do-Oh my goodness, what happened to your eyes?!" Vice Principle Clara asked. Luckily, she was actually his aunt.

"They're just a little irritated, that's all." 

She sat him down in a chair.

 "How did they get like this?" Axel didn't really know himself. They had been sensitive lately but it was minor compared to this.