Blind Not Deaf ~31

Coach Brad hosted a barbecue at his place, celebrating with the team's victory. The sound of laughter and music could be heard throughout the neighborhood. Axel smiled as the town showered them with gifts and good fortune.

"Everyone settle down. Axel has prepared for us." Coach Brad gathered the people's attention

"Thank you Coach Brad. I just wanna say yesterday was an amazing day. We all work our butts off earn this title. I found great pleasure in playing with all of you. Being a team is what makes us strong and grow as a family. Though I may have been blind for a session, I wanted you to know that's not what made me a stronger player nor did closing my eyes at the end is what made us we win. We all put in the effort and worked hard. I'm looking to next session. Thank you."

Axel finished and took his seat in between Jc and Alyana.
~~~~

The night continued on. Axel sipped on his can soda, away from the party. It wasn't really his scene but he did appreciate the town's and Coach Brad's arrangement.

"How come you're all by yourself?" He turned to Alyana who stood not too far

"Just taking a breath by myself. I needed to be away for a while."

"Understandable. It was quite crowed. May I company you if you don't mind?"

"Not at all." He said and stared up at sky

"You know the star a shining very bright tonight but not as bright as you." Axel said

Alyana blushed and pushed him playfully.

"You're clearly the star. You win state championships."

"No, the team won state championships. Wining yesterday took teamwork and discipline. That's what won us the game."

Alyana kissed his cheek and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too."
~~~~~

Vote
Comment
Follow