Blind Not Deaf~27

They began to wheel Axel into the operating room. The doctor informs Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers about the surgery while Alyana and Jc stood beside Axel.

Axel was nervous. This is what he wanted. He never knew it be so terrifying.

"We'll be here waiting. I know you will do great." Jc said

"No matter what happens, everything will be okay." Alyana spoke up

"When I wake up, you're the first person I want to see."

Alyana kissed him softly once more before he went under the anesthesia.

His parents wished him luck before he went into operation.
~~~~

The family waited patiently. It's been nearly 6 hours since they begun. Jc paced the room. Surprisingly there was still a sole at the bottom of his shoes. Alyana read a magazine hoping to kill time.

"What if something happened? They would alert us right?" Jc rambled question after question

"Calm down Jc. Things like this take time. You would want them to take their time and do the job right." Mr. Rodgers said

"I know but it's taking forever."

The doctor appears from the hall, walking up to the family.

"How is he? Can he see?"

"Axel is fine. He still under the anesthesia so we will have to wait until he wakes up but you may all go see him."

Without question, they hurried up to the room. Axel had patches over his eyes and an IV coming from his arm. They were seated around his bed now waiting for him to wake up.
~~~~

"Okay Axel. We are now going to remove the patches and cleanse around the eye area. Don't rush into opening your eyes. Take it nice and slow."

The doctor remove the patches and washed around his eyes. Axel slowly began to try to open his eyes but closing them again because of the brightness. They dimmed the lighting and he tried once more.

"Axel?"

Alyana took Axel by the hand. He looked up at her and smiled tiredly.

"Hi Alyana."

"You can see me?!"

"Indeed I can and you look just as beautiful as I imagined."
••••••••••••••
Axel has his vision back. Thoughts?

Vote
Comment
Follow